REQUEST FOR RE-EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT)
Country: Republic of Kosovo
Project Name: Kosovo Energy Efficiency Fund (KEEF)
Assignment Title: Technical Advisor (Engineer) Ref. no: KEEF/2.13/IC/2021
Under the European Union’s Energy Efficiency Directive (Directive 2012/27/EU), Kosovo approved an Energy Efficiency Law on November 7, 2018. The EE Law includes provisions for the establishment of the Kosovo Energy Efficiency Fund (KEEF) which would serve as the primary financing institution for the EE market in sectors currently not served by local banks (e.g., municipal and central government buildings, multifamily apartment buildings etc.). As envisaged in the Law, KEEF has been established as an as an independent, autonomous and sustainable non-profit legal entity, and serves the interest of the public. KEEF will be an important mechanism to help finance energy efficiency investments in a significant share of the public-sector market. The government is also obliged to renovate a share of government buildings each year under the EE Law1 and has imposed mandates for municipalities to prepare, submit and implement Municipal EE Action Plans (MEEAPs).
KEEF is currently implementing an energy efficiency project co-funded by a grant from the EU- Instrument for Pre-Accession (IPA), World Bank IDA financing and Government of Kosovo. Among other components, this project will invest in energy efficiency measures in the municipal buildings and street lighting projects. For this purpose, KEEF seeks to recruit a Senior Technical Advisor (Engineer) to supervise energy audits, technical designs and implementation of energy efficiency investments under the Project.
Key responsibilities are:
- Review financial and technical documents submitted by consultants about feasibility for installation/implementations of solar PV, street lighting, heating systems etc;
- Contributes that public calls for project proposals and tenders for TA services are prepared in line with best standards and practices from the solar PV, street lighting, heating systems point of view;
- Review technical specifications prepared by consultants for procurement and installation / implementations of Solar PV equipment and solar thermal systems, including bill of quantities with costs estimates,
- Screens Project proposals from a technical point of view with a focus on solar PV, street lighting, heating systems and prepares the pertaining project evaluation reports for further processing/decision-making by the KEEF management
- Acts as Project Manager in the preparation and the implementation of approved (EE/PV) projects, with an obligation to manage and administer the project from signing the Project Initiation Agreement, through the implementation, supervision to commissioning;
- Support the user committees to consult with and provide feedback during the renovation process, seek feedback and assess project
- Support the administration and compilation of results from the customer satisfaction survey before and after implementation of
- Participates in work of the Applications Screening Committee and Evaluation Committees for tenders that proposes PV/EE-projects for financial support by the KEEF and the award of contracts, respectively, to the KEEF management;
- Represents KEEF in negotiations for the conclusion of the Energy Services Agreement (ESA) with the beneficiaries;
- Participates in the development of annual and medium-term work plans of KEEF and progress
- Carry out other technical studies, duties and assignments as requested by KEEF Managing Director and Head of Operations (Director of Operations).
Qualification requirements are:
- At least university bachelor's degree in electrical or mechanical. Master’s degree shall be considered a plus.
- At least 5 years working experience with a focus on solar PV. Experience with street lighting energy efficiency, heat pumps and solar thermal projects will be considered as an
- Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and strong writing skills. The Consultant must have experience working as part of a team, preferably in a leadership position, and have demonstrated ability to deliver complex tasks and resolve challenges that may
- Should be proficient in key computer applications, e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, have a strong client orientation,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Albanian.
The attention of interested Individual Consultants is drawn to Section III. Paragraphs 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers July 2016, *revised November 2017 and August 2018’] (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest. A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant Selection Method set out in the Procurement Regulations: The following is the link to the World Bank’s website: https://policies.worldbank.org/en/policies/all/ppfdetail/083b3f94-a932-4395-a410-834f8bc14f8c and the requirements of the project.
Evaluation Criteria are:
- Education and general Experience 40 points,
- Specific Experience relevant to the assignment 50 points,
- Languages 10 points. Applications documents are:
- Cover letter,
- Detailed CV with relevant references for works experiences and
- Copy of diploma(s) for completed university studies.
Documents must be delivered in English language, in PDF form to: email@example.com not later than
September 30, 2021, at 16.00h (local time).
Detailed Terms of Reference (ToR) that prevails over this vacancy announcement, interested candidates shall download from the website www.fkee-rks.net.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours – 08.30 to 16.30 hours.
Kosovo Energy Efficiency Fund (KEEF)
Str. Luan Haradinaj, Ex Ljubljana Bank Building, 7th floor, 10000 Pristina – Republic of Kosovo.