- Issued by: OSCE Mission in Kosovo
- Requisition ID: GOV000019
- Contract Type: International Secondment
- Grade: S2
- Job Level: Senior Professional
- Job Type: Seconded
- Number of posts: 1
- Location: OSCE Mission in Kosovo, Prishtine / Pristina
- Posting Date: Dec 13, 2021
- Closing Date: Jan 24, 2022
- Target Start Date: Mar 1, 2022
- Employee Status: Fixed Term
- Schedule: Full-time
- Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (First-level university degree or equivalent)
The general minimum requirements for working with the OSCE are:
- Excellent physical condition
- Possession of a valid automobile driving license and ability to drive using manual transmission
- Ability to cope with physical hardship and willingness to work extra hours and in an environment with limited infrastructure
Field of Expertise Requirements
The general minimum requirements for working in this field of expertise are:
- First-level university degree in political sciences, social sciences, international relations, public policy, law or equivalent professional experience
- Work experience in either public administration, relevant international organizations, civic associations (including NGOs), political parties/affairs, or economic and political development
- Demonstrable organizational, communication, analytical and interpersonal skills
Level of Professional Competence Requirements
Furthermore, this level of responsibility requires the following:
First-level university degree
Minimum 6 years of relevant professional experience
Mission Specific Requirements
Additionally, this particular post has specific requirements:
- At least 6 years of combined working experience across any combination of: work with democratic governmental structures at both levels central and local; in the field of development and good governance at an international organization or civil society organization.
- Excellent knowledge of international law, human rights standards, and other legal frameworks relevant to democratic good governance, as well as their application to both the central and local level governance structures;
- Demonstrated ability to draft high-quality analytical reports, including the ability to conduct literature review, identify and analyse relevant legal frameworks, and interpret research data;
- Experience in designing and delivering capacity-building projects in the field of good governance;
- Sound project development experience;
- Proficient knowledge of the English language;
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work as a member of a team, with people of different cultural and religious backgrounds, different gender, and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity;
- Cultural sensitivity and judgement;
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure and within limited time frames.
- Understanding of monitoring and evaluation best practices and frameworks, and demonstrated experience in deploying them in a dynamic project implementation environment;
- Knowledge of the regional political situation and the legal system in the Mission area;
- Knowledge of the Albanian and/or Serbian language(s).
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Chief of Governance Section, the incumbent:
- Designing, developing and implementing the Section’s projects in accordance with programmatic priorities;
- Engaging and regularly communicating with counterparts in Kosovo institutions at both government and municipal level to develop project ideas, implement activities, and monitor their effectiveness;
- Monitoring, analysing and reporting on a broad range of good governance issues in Kosovo, and taking an active part in the improving of good governance through policy and programmatic advice;
- Providing support to the Section and the Department in the review of policies in the area of governance in compliance with human rights and international good governance standards and principles;
- Developing and implementing capacity-development programmes and projects. Writing reports related to governance programme activities;
- Liaising with external local and international stakeholders to coordinate programmatic activities;
- Maintaining close co-operation with local and international counterparts to achieve good governance objectives;
- Providing rapid analyses, informing and advising the Department about the situation of local governance in Kosovo;
- Contributing both to regular reporting mechanisms and to periodical analytical reports of the Department;
- Performing other duties as required.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Mission in Kosovo, please see:https://www.osce.org/mission-in-kosovo.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages thenomination of qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic andsocial backgrounds. Please note that nationals or permanent residents of the country ofthe duty station are not eligible to apply.
Candidates should be aware that OSCE officials shall conduct themselves at all times in amanner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding anyaction which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality oftheir position and function as officials of the OSCE. The OSCE is committed to applying thehighest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. For more information on the values set out in OSCE Competency Model, please see https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/our-competency-model.
Candidates should, prior to applying, verify with their respective nominating authority towhich extent financial remuneration and/or benefit packages will be offered.
Please apply to your relevant authorities well in advance of the deadline expiration toensure timely processing of your application. Delayed nominations will not be considered.The OSCE can only process Secondment applications that have been nominated byparticipating States. For queries relating to your application, please refer to the respectivedelegation as listed here: https://www.osce.org/contacts/delegations.