This is a locally contracted position. International positions are advertised here.
ISSUED BY OSCE Mission in Kosovo
VACANCY NUMBER VNKOSG02317
VACANCY TYPE Local Contracted
FIELD OF EXPERTISE Human Rights
NUMBER OF POSTS 1
DUTY STATION Prishtine / Pristina
DATE OF ISSUE 16 February 2021
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION 15 March 2021 - 23:59 Central European Time (CET/CEST)
DATE OF ENTRY ON DUTY 1 June 2021
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Communities Section, in the Human Rights and Communities Department in HQ, the incumbent performs the following functions in the Department’s work with representatives of local communities, public administration, representatives of international organisations, and any other relevant stakeholders:
- Assisting the supervisor in proactive monitoring of the processes related to the implementation of the Section’s programme/projects, including, inter alia, gathering information, analysing the data, reporting on the findings, making recommendations, assessing the results of the reports and suggesting remedies, developing and implementing projects and trainings to improve compliance with international human rights standards and proposes activities to support the process of return and reintegration;
- Making logistical arrangements for training (trainers/resource persons, training rooms, security protection, course material and transport of participants);
- Organizing meetings with a broad range of interlocutors, from government institutions to civil society, in relation to the thematic areas covered by the Section and under the guidance of the supervisor;
- Performing research and compiling background material on major programmatic topics, assisting in the organization of meetings (identifies participants and providing logistics support) involving local representatives of municipal and government institutions, and members of international organizations to discuss issues pertaining to the respect and promotion of human rights, returns, repatriation and societal, political and practical issues relating to their work; writes summaries and reports on the topics discussed
- Providing interpretation during meetings or interviews and translation of documents and correspondence;
- Implementing allocated projects designed and planned by the Departments, in particular on participation and representation of the Kosovo Roma, Kosovo Ashkali and Kosovo Egyptian communities; providing regular feedback on the various stages of implementation of project activities; summarizes evaluation results and submits suggestions for follow-up/improvement at the conclusion of projects.
- Establishing and maintaining regular contacts with employees of government institutions to ensure a continuous dialogue for the purpose of identifying issues requiring Mission’s special attention and support of . Writes reports on these meetings.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Completed secondary education supplemented by formal study in Social sciences, Law or Human Rights.
- Minimum 6 years working experience with international agencies, municipal/governmental or political entities and organizations, preferably in the protection or promotion of human rights of the Kosovo Roma, Kosovo Ashkali and Kosovo Egyptian communities, and/or local governance reform and development.
- Established skill in drafting reports, computer literate with practical experience with Microsoft packages.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and local languages.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 1229.83 Euro/month. Social benefits will include participation in the OSCE Group Insurance Plan (Health, Life, Accidental Disability and Temporary Incapacity Insurance) and the OSCE Provident Fund. Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
How To Apply
In order to apply for this position you must complete the OSCE's online application form, found under https://jobs.osce.org Applicants are encouraged to use the online recruitment and only fully completed OSCE applications will be accepted. However, if you have technical difficulties with the system you may use the offline application form found under https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/offline-application-form and forward the completed form quoting the vacancy number by e-mail to: Recruitment.OMiK@osce.org. In line with your qualifications please indicate preference to one or more field of expertise listed above (while using the online application the field of expertise preference can be indicated in the cover letter part). Kindly note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form or in other languages than the English language will not be considered. The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become part of the organization.