SCOPE OF WORK
Transparent, Effective and Accountable Municipalities (USAID TEAM) Activity
Component Three Senior Advisor
Proposed Personnel TBD
Position Component Three Senior Advisor
Period of Performance On/About (From – To) Upon Approval January 10, 2022
Maximum Level of Effort LTTA
Base of Operations Pristina, Kosovo
Position reports to Component Three Lead
The Kosovo TEAM Activity will support USAID/Kosovo to address corruption at the municipal level by increasing the transparency and effectiveness of municipal procurement systems. USAID TEAM will focus on the following three program components:
- Develop, refine and roll out models for transparent and accountable municipalities;
- Engage the central level in addressing municipal corruption within the procurement process; and
- Enable civil society to track and expose corruption.
USAID TEAM will identify and work extensively in fifteen municipalities to champion anti-corruption reforms. In addition, USAID TEAM will work with select entities within the Government of Kosovo that are relevant to addressing corruption at the municipal level. Furthermore, USAID TEAM will provide sub-contracts or grants to national-level Civil Society Organizations which will monitor all 38 municipalities in areas such as procurement and recruitment while ensuring greater citizen engagement, especially in rural areas.
The Component Three Senior Adviser will support the Component Three Lead enable Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) track and expose corruption.
The Component Three Senior Adviser will assist the Component Three Lead leverage Kosovo’s existing, active network of CSOs to promote transparency and accountability and educate citizens. In addition, he/she will provide assistance in examining how CSOs can be effective at all levels, from the municipal to the national level, and where civil society is best able to provide sustained pressure to improve transparency. He/she will support the Component Three Lead engage CSOs across all 38 municipalities to be more involved in anticorruption efforts, while emphasizing support in the focus municipalities. These activities will help to achieve Component Three goals:
- More CSOs are knowledgeable and active in identifying and reporting cases of municipal corruption;
- Stronger capacity of CSOs to collect, analyze, and share data; and
- Improved collaboration among CSOs and with the media.
OBJECTIVES AND DUTIES
- Support Component Three with all activities, including managing subcontractor and grantees;
- Help identify grant/subcontract opportunities to strengthen CSOs’ ability to expose corrupt municipal practice; collaborate with Support Fund Manager on scopes of work;
- Support development of scopes of work for grants;
- Assist the Component Three Lead sustain strong relations with CiviKos, Kosovo's leading civil society platform, and CSOs;
- Coordinate with subcontractor to plan activities with local-level CSOs;
- Assist preparation of Component Three related reports;
- Collaborate with other Components and the municipal advisory team to ensure programmatic efficiency and effectiveness; and
- Support data collection, adaptive management, and M&E, as needed.
- Problem Solving:
- Responsible for solving complex technical, managerial or operational problems that may arise when working with Civil Society Organizations;
- Operates independently, delivering results at a high-level and engaging with a wide array of program stakeholders to enable Civil Society Organizations track and expose corruption.
- Serves as the direct supervisor of the grantees
- Recommended Minimum Years of Experience:
- Minimum of 8 years related experience, including 5 years working with CSOs. Exposure with good governance/anticorruption programs preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required in public administration/related fields. Master’s degree in related field preferred;
- Exposure to the grant’s management cycle; understanding of technical assistance and supports rolled into grants for effective capacity building;
- Understanding of local procurement policies.
- Problem Solving:
- Ability to solve complex technical, managerial or operational problems and evaluate options based on relevant information, considerable knowledge and varied experiences.
- Ability to operate independently and maintain quality control on Project activities.
- Supervision Experience:
- Experience managing and/or supervising staff or technical functions preferred.
- Other Qualifications Required:
- Albanian and advanced proficiency in English. Serbian preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested individuals must submit their detailed CV outlining their educational qualifications and cover letter. Mentioned documents should be submitted in electronic format to KosovoTEAM_Recruitment@dai.com, no later than 4 p.m. Kosovo local time on October 1st, 2020