Request for Expression of Interest
- Country: Kosovo
- Project ID: P173819
- World Bank Loan/Credit Name: Kosovo COVID-19 Emergency Project
- Ref. No.: XK-MOH-204801-CS-INDV
Legal senior expert for drafting primary legislation and secondary legislation on SAS
Currently, Kosovo is engaged in an all-of-government response to preventing and mitigating the impact of COVID-19. As part of this response, the Government in providing income support to poor and vulnerable households in Kosovo to enable them to comply with the social distancing measures that have been introduced to contain the COVID-19 pandemic. This measure is particularly important to Kosovo, given the high rates of poverty and large numbers of people at risk of falling into poverty and into deeper poverty, as described in the sectorial context and economic appraisal sections. To this end, the Government (a) maintained the existing social assistance payments; (b) financed an increase in the value of the benefits provided to SAS beneficiaries to assist them in meeting their basic needs in the face of rising health care costs and loss of other income sources; and (c) expanded the coverage of the SAS to additional households that had lost their sources of income as result of the pandemic and that did not receive support from other Government programs.
The Ministry of Labour and Social Welfare (MLSW), which manages the SAS, now wishes to draw on the experience of responding to COVID-19 through the SAS to support the Government’s longer-term reforms to enable its social protection system to respond to shocks. To this end, the Ministry requires a consultant to support drafting of a new Law on the SAS and draft Administrative Instructions for implementation new Law on SAS.
The Ministry has included in legislative agenda in 2021 to draft new Law on SAS and will establish a Working Group to achieve this mandate in January 2021.
- Draft new Law for Social Assistance Scheme, based in Concept Document for SAS which was approved by Government in September 2020.
- Draft four Administrative Instructions for the new Law on Social Assistance Scheme
- Master degree in the field of Justice in Civil Law or Family Law, Ph.D. preferable
- Minimum five (5) years of professional experience with drafting primary and secondary legislation in Kosovo.
- Fluency in Albanian and English
- Proficiency in computer applications (MS Office).
The Legal Short-Term Consultant to have the following experience and background for this position:
- Experience with drafting concept documents, Laws and Administrative Instructions, in the field of social protection, social services and family law;
- Experience with facilitating the drafting processes for Laws and Administrative Instruction;
- Experience to work with local and central institution in social and family rights sector;
- Experience and participation in the process for drafting laws; law on social and family services, laws for family and child protection, Civil Code etc.
Other specific tasks, scope of work as well deliverables are indicated under TOR for this assignment.
Experienced and qualified individuals will be selected according to the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers’ (the Regulations), issued in July 2016, and revised November 2017 and August 2018, based on an open call for Individual Consultants (IC) Selection.
Detailed TOR this assignment are available on MoH web page or may be requested to the contact person below:
Interested individual consultants may obtain further information about the assignment at the addresses below during office hours: 09:00 - 16:00 hrs (Monday to Friday).
Expression of interest may be submitted to Ministry of Health to the below stated address until 19 March, 2021
Ministry of Health,
Atnn.: Afrim Bajrami, Procurement Specialist
Address: Rr. Zagrebit Nr. 60
10 000 Prishtinë, Republic of Kosovo
E-mail: To : email@example.com