Request for Expression of Interest
- Country: Kosovo
- Project ID: P165485
- World Bank Project Name: Municipalities for Youth in Kosovo
- Contract Identification No.: M4Y-4-CS-INDV
Financial Management Specialist
The Government of Kosovo (GoK) has received a grant in the amount of US$ 2.79 from the Japan Social Development Fund, administered by the World Bank, to support socioeconomic inclusion of marginalized youth in Kosovo. The grant is being implemented by a Project Management Unit (PMU) in the Ministry of Local Government (MLG). The Municipalities for Youth (M4Y) in Kosovo Project aims to improve cooperation and trust between youth and local governments by enabling local governments to address youth socioeconomic needs through better-targeted youth initiatives and services. Building on the Municipal Performance Management System (MPMS) – a performance-based incentive grant system implemented by MLG to provide financing for municipal capital investments, the M4Y project will earmark funds to selected municipalities for youth-driven and youth-selected subprojects with the purpose of improving the delivery of youth-related small infrastructure and services at the community level.
The project is structured around 3 components:
Component 1: Subgrants for Youth-Driven Community Development Initiatives;
Component 2: Youth Stakeholder Training;
Component 3: Project Management and Administration, Monitoring and Evaluation, and Knowledge Dissemination.
The key objective of this assignment is to support the MLG Budget and Finance department in carrying out the financial management function of the Municipalities for Youth (M4Y) project in compliance with Bank policies and requirements and to strengthen financial management capacity of institutions involved in the Project implementation.
Duties and responsibilities
The Financial Management Specialist will be responsible for the following tasks:
- In cooperation with MLG Budget and Finance Department, establish and maintain the financial management systems as required in the Grant Agreement.
- Execute all necessary work related to planning, disbursements, payments, accounting and financial reporting in coordination with MLG and the Ministry of Finance (MoF).
Specific duties and responsibilities are indicated under TOR for this assignment.
- Minimum Bachelor degree in economy, accounting and finance; Master’s Degree or Professional Certification is an advantage;
- Demonstrated at least three (3) years of recent (last 5 years) professional experience in accounting, finance and financial management positions;
- Working experience with donor financed projects and Kosovo Public Institutions in financial positions is an advantage;
- Sound and good knowledge of Government accounting, financial management systems, and budgeting system, and tax and legal requirements in Kosovo.
- Skills in keeping accounts and making financial transactions and in preparing various financial monitoring reports;
- Computer literate: Very good knowledge of MS Office applications. Other software is an advantage;
- Fluency in Albanian and English is a must. Knowledge of Serbian languages is an advantage;
- Be able to travel throughout Kosovo.
- General qualification - 20 points
- Specific experience related to the assignment – 70 points
- Previous experience in the country and knowledge of languages – 10 points.
Period of Performance
The Financial Management Specialist is a part time position in MLG Central Office in Pristina with frequent travel to the field, whose engagement will last until 30 January, 2023.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 3.14 and 3.16 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers’ (the Regulations), issued in July 2016, and revised November 2017 and August 2018” on conflict of interest.
Experienced and qualified individuals will be selected according to the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers’ (the Regulations), issued in July 2016, and revised November 2017 and August 2018, based on an open call for Individual Consultants (IC) Selection.
Detailed TOR this assignment is available on MLG webpage https://mapl.rks-gov.net/shpallje-konkurse/vende-te-lira-te-punes/
Interested Individual Consultants may obtain further information about the assignment at the addresses below during office hours: 08:00 - 16:00 hrs (Monday to Friday).
Expression of interest may be submitted to Ministry of Local Government to the below stated address until 07 August, 2020
Ministry of Local Government
Address: Ex Rilindja building, Floor 13
10 000 Prishtine, Republic of Kosovo
E-mail: To : firstname.lastname@example.org
E-mail: Cc : Trim.Berisha@rks-gov.net