Open Position: Two Researchers at Jahjaga Foundation (Temporary Positions)
The Jahjaga Foundation (JF) is a non-profit organization established in March 2018, with the initiative of President of Kosovo (2011-2016), Atifete Jahjaga. Women and youth empowerment are at the core of the all programs within the Jahjaga Foundation, which range from economic empowerment to full participation in decision making and social inclusion. We seek to create platforms that offer means to all members of the society to lift up one another, and thus transform members of marginalized groups into change agents who work toward development and peace.
The Jahjaga Foundation is seeking to recruit a Two Researchers, who will support the implementation of an upcoming project.
The main responsibilities of the Researchers include, but are not limited to:
- Research and analyze matters related to women empowerment, gender equality, and social inclusion, and write brief reports based on the findings,
- Interview different individuals and write articles based on the interviews, as well as write article about specific current events,
- Support the Project Coordinator in ensuring successful and timely completion of activities, as foreseen in the commitments to donors and other stakeholders,
- Support reporting, as well as monitoring and evaluation activities,
- Other duties as requested by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in social science, journalism, education, interdisciplinary studies, or other related fields,
- Minimum two-year experience in research and analysis, as well as writing reports and articles,
- Experience working with local and/or international organizations is an asset,
- Experience or academic background in fields of human rights, gender equality, and social inclusion,
- Fluent in Albanian and English; Knowledge of Serbian would be an asset,
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office are required,
- Strong administrative, organizational, and communication skills,
- Be team oriented, as well as capable of working independently,
- Be able to prioritize and implement multiple tasks to strict deadlines,
- Be willing to travel outside Prishtina when needed.
The engagement for this position is four months. Any further engagement depends on the availability of funding.
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply to join our team, by sending their CV and a writing sample (see instructions below) via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of the email with the application should be “Application for Researcher”. The closing date for the application is July 27, 2020 at 11:00.
Instructions for the writing sample:
- Write an article about a woman who is a role model for you. This person does not have to be a public figure.
- The article should focus on the individual for whom the story is about, not about you.
- The story should focus on resilience and hard work of the chosen individual, to overcome challenges and life struggles, and be inspiring.
- The article should not exceed 1,000 words, and it should be single spaced.