Request for expressions of interest (REOI)
Accounting firm for assessing KEEF needs and develop FM policy (accounting methodology, financial reporting procedure, internal/external audit policy Country: Republic of Kosovo
Project Name: Kosovo Energy Efficiency Fund (KEEF) Ref. no: KEEF/2.11/CQ/2020
Kosovo Energy Efficiency Fund (KEEF) has been established as an independent, autonomous, and sustainable non- profit legal entity, at the service of the public interest, pursuant to the Law No. 06/L-079 ON ENERGY EFFICIENCY (LoEE), to serve as the primary financier for municipal EE building renovations in Kosovo going forward. The KEEF is now developing its marketing strategy and investment plan to finance EE projects not served by commercial banks, starting with the municipal sector. The KEEF would allow its capital to revolve over time, and thus seek to become a sustainable financing and implementation agency. With the successful implementation of the Kosovo Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Project (KEEREP), government, EC, and World Bank funds have been used to capitalize KEEF. KEEF is planning to invest into and implement more than 100 municipal projects over the next 1-2 years to increase energy efficiency in buildings and street lighting and, more importantly, create a permanent institutional structure and financing mechanism that can continue to renovate public buildings and public lighting, and eventually expand to other markets.
2 Description of the assignment
Under sub-component Part 3 “Project Implementation Support” provisions are made to support the newly established Fund to develop and implement financial management systems following best practice and international standards. This entails development of financial management policies, accounting methodology and financial management procedures, implementation of an accounting and financial management system appropriate for the KEEF operations and size of activities, and capacity building financial management staff as well as management on financial accountability.
A consultant will be selected in accordance with World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers’ (the Regulations), issued July 2016, and revised November 2017, and Aug 2018 for the supply of goods, works, non-consulting and consulting services.
The selection process will follow the selection based on Consultants Qualification (CQ) method, as defined in the mentioned Procurement Regulations.
Tasks to be performed
- Task 1: Financial management rules
- Task 2: Accounting methodology
- Task 3: Financial reporting procedures
- Task 4: Training
Consulting firm should offer a team composed with the following expertise:
- Team leader with not less than 15 years of experience in auditing of financial reporting of which at least five years shall be experience in the energy efficiency sector and/or in similar organization as KEEF. The team leader shall be a certified
- An Accounting Expert with not less than ten years of progressive financial management experience and qualified as certified
- Accounting and FM expert specialized in capacity building and training discipline with not less than ten years of progressive work experience in capacity building
All experts shall preferably have previous experience in the Balkans, have good verbal and written communication skills in English and be proficient in MS Office programs.
The evaluation and shortlisting criteria
Selection will be based on the following evaluation criteria:
- Minimum ten (10) years of practical experience and skills to provide cost efficient, accurate and timely Accounting, Assurance, Advising and Financial Outsourcing Services 60%
- Relevant experience in working for governments and/or international organizations on consultancy assignments, especially in Management and Strategic, Apprising and Assurance, Accounting and Tax Advisory, and Finance and Consulting Services 40%.
The qualification of key staff (or their CVs) will not be taken into consideration for the shortlisting/evaluation criteria above. The first ranked/successful consulting firm will be required at contract negotiations to provide the required key staff with respective qualification requirements.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in English language in a PDF form to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 29.12.2020, at 16.00h.
Detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) you can find at: https://fkee-rks.net/
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours – 08.30 to 16.30 hours.
Kosovo Energy Efficiency Fund (KEEF)
Luan Haradinaj Str. Floor 7, Former building of Bank of Ljubljana 10000 Pristina, Republic of Kosovo