CALL FOR APPLICATION- CONSULTANCY/SERVICE PROVISION
- Position Title: Renovation/construction consultant
- Classification Consultancy contract or service agreement
- Duty station: Pristina
- Type of Appointment Consultancy, 6 months
- Estimated start date: 15 September 2020
- Reference Code: CFCV-2020/XK0209
IOM Project to which the intervention is contributing: Addressing COVID-19 challenges within the Migrant and Refugee Response in the Western Balkans.
The scope of the project: Establishing a reception centre for migrants and refugees in Vranidoll
Nature of the contract: Design and construction technical support
Objective: The renovation/construction consultant will assist in developing the technical specifications and the terms of reference for the adaptation and refurbishment of a facility designed to serve as a reception centre for migrants. It will aim to prepare a tender documentation to select a company (hereafter called the Contractor) to be tasked with designing a detailed architectural and renovation plan of the facility – ex military barrack in Vranidoll, in the municipality of Pristina, and monitor and supervise the reconstruction works. The consultant will be responsible to prepare all relevant documentation for the tendering process and ensure that the on-site implementation satisfies predefined standards, legal requirement, and project objectives. The renovation plan must comply with IOM standards and guidelines and the quality of work performed and purchased materials for reconstruction must strictly adhere to the quality standards determined in the initial plan and complying with the environmental policies. This entails field visits and surveys of the specified field location during construction works and prior to the formal handover of the Reception Centre to the IOM.
Tasks to be performed by the renovation/construction consultant:
- Conduct site visits to the facility in Vranidoll, jointly with IOM staff, to assess the site from the technical prospective, measure it and check other technical specification related to renovations.
- Prepare TOR with all necessary technical specifications and drawings: electrical system, water, heating, access to the national road and sewage system, etc. These technical specifications in the ToR should be confirmed to be in full compliance with “Quality Standards for Accrediting first health care institutions”.
- Prepare technical specifications for the Request for
- The contracted party will be responsible for the supervision of the works, ensure their compliance with the technical specifications, prescribed quality standards, the set timeline and relevant country laws and
- The contracted party shall make all necessary measurements and engineering decisions required for the successful and timely realization of
- The contracted party shall:
- Inspect all the working safety measures, including labour welfare, notify immediately both the Employer and the Contractor of any infringement or
- Suggest modifications in the Contractor’s work program, design drawings, material sources, etc., and approve following consultations with
- Monitor progress of the supplies, services and works, identify causes, or potential causes, of any delay and advise IOM of suitable corrective actions in a timely
- Provide assistance to the selected Company in respect to the Contract
- Ensure that the items supplied and installed are conform with the technical specifications and drawings and that construction methods as proposed by the selected Company for carrying out the works are satisfactory and up to the standards, with particular reference to the Terms of Reference, technical requirements of sound environmental standards, inspection of selected Company’s construction equipment, safety of the works, property, personnel, and general
- Check the Contractor’s setting out for conformance with the working
- Coordinate the final inspection of the completed works and verify all documentation provided by contractors to confirm the interim/final
- Prepare the final Report
Realistic delivery dates and details as to how the work must be delivered.
- The tasks will be performed in the period 15 September 2020 – 28 February 2021, for a total of 40 working days: 12 days preparation of the ToR, 8 days preparation of the technical specifications for the Request for Quotations and 20 days supervision of the works and preparation of the final
- Licenced Architect/company with at least 5 years of relevant working experience with architectural design and proven record of similar assignment completed
- Sound knowledge of specialized IT programmes for engineering and architecture, among others: ArchiCAD, AutoCAD and/or other similar specialized software that might be
- Language skills: Fluency in English and local language/s (oral and written).
Method of application:
Any offer made to the candidate/service provider in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, if required.
This post is subject to local recruitment. Only persons holding a valid residence and work permit for Kosovo and/or duly registered companies will be eligible for consideration.
How to apply:
Interested candidates/companies are invited to submit their offer/application (CV and motivation letter) to IOMPristina@iom.int by 10 September 2020 midnight at the latest, referring to CFCV- 2020/XK0209 in the subject line. The applications by companies shall include CV of core staff involved. In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates/companies will be contacted.
Posting period: From 02 – 10 SEP 2020