Host Entity UNMIK
Duty Station Pristina (KOS)
Language Skills English, Albanian, Serbian
Start Date Immediate
Duration12 months with possibility of extension
Application Deadline 07 October 2020
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of Chief Medical Officer or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UN Volunteer Registered Nurse will undertake the following roles and responsibilities:
- Provide primary health care services to UN staff and their eligible dependents including cases under observation in UNMIK level 1 clinic in Pristina.
- Day-to-day clinical duties: Checked the patient’s vital signs, giving medication, oral and injections, injecting vaccines, assisted doctors in wound dressing and giving other care as required. replenished the doctor’s bags regularly
- Perform Nursing care and all activities related to the professional capacity.
- Respond to emergency calls and assist doctors in providing adequate care and performing respective duties in the treatment of the patient.
- Register the patients and referral to Medical officer.
- Perform ECG and, and other medical exam such as quick blood and urine test as required.
- Prepare patient for different intervention and escort patient to other medical facilities as required.
- Assess needs of clients visiting the clinic; provide care/advice (e.g. the benefits of preventive medicine, etc).
- Responsible for treatment room, doctor’s consultation rooms and isolation room to ensure that all equipment are ready for use and functional e.g. Defibrillator, ECG machine, glucometer, and other.
- Provide support to the patient at the admission.
- Provide support and cooperate with the forward medical team.
- Report to the medical officer and /or CMO on their activities in daily basis.
- Ensure safety of the patients in performance of duty.
- Communicate with patients and updates the doctors in the clinic.
- Maintain patients’ records and exercises confidentiality.
- Assist in providing health education and addressing work environment and occupational health issues if required.
- performe sterilization of instruments and materials, disinfection of equipment and surfaces and have assisted the doctors in performing minor surgery and treatment of patients.
- Participated in COVID-19 activities: training on Donning and Doffing, training of security on prevention measures, requisition of materials, home visit to patients during isolation.
- Assist Medical Officer to perform the COVID 19 antibody tests and recorded the results .
- Orient patients for COVID 19 testing to UNMIK Laboratory.
- Transport the COVID19 samples to the public/private local laboratory, and collect the results.
- Ensure the hygiene of the clinic and isolation room.
- Safety Collection of the biohazard properly.
- The incumbent additionally will perform other task as requested by the supervisor.
Medico Administrative duties:
- Undergo the necessary trainings organized or recommended by UNMIK Medical Unit;
- Follow up on medical reports and other documentations for patients under care in
- Receive patients in the reception area and capture all patient bio data on to the EarthMed and their presenting complaints, advising staff on medical rules and regulations, sick leave, travel clearance, medical statistics.
- Participate in requisition of medication, evidence of the stock of medicines and materials, dispensing them to patients as per doctor's prescription and order, checking their expiry dates and preparing the expired items for incineration.
- keep an updated stock of medications and disposables, regular check of the equipment and ambulance serviceability.
- Receive patients and records the necessary data (paper and electronic) for effective treatment.
- Furthermore, UN Volunteers are encouraged to integrate the UN Volunteers programme mandate within their assignment and promote voluntary action through engagement with communities in the course of their work. As such, UN Volunteers should dedicate a part of their working time to some of the following suggested activities:
- Strengthen their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and take active part in UNV activities (for instance in events that mark International Volunteer Day);
- Be acquainted with and build on traditional and/or local forms of volunteerism in the host country;
- Provide annual and end of assignment self- reports on UN Volunteer actions, results and opportunities.
- Contribute articles/write-ups on field experiences and submit them for UNV publications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc.;
- Assist with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly-arrived UN Volunteers;
- Promote or advise local groups in the use of online volunteering or encourage relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible.
Required degree level: Secondary education
Education - Additional Comments:
- High school diploma or equivalent certificate is required.
- Registered Nurse who is graduated with either an accredited Nursing Programme or accredited Nursing Diploma Programme .
Required experience: 60 Months