Job Type Expat or Local
Job Classification Proposal (conditional)
MSI is recruiting a Quantitative Researcher for an anticipated Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) evaluation of the Kosovo Transparent and Accountable Governance (TAG) Project. The TAG project has the objective of improving the public availability and analytical use of judicial, environmental and labor force data by civil society, business and the government, thus promoting data driven decision-making. The purpose of this evaluation will be to assess the extent to which the TAG project achieved its targeted outcomes and stated objective. The performance evaluation is expected to consist of a mixed-methods, pre-post design, where a retrospective baseline may need to be collected if data is not currently available. The evaluation design will commence once the contract is awarded, expected by the end of September 2021. Travel requirements are not yet finalized but are a possibility.
The Quantitative Researcher will be a key member of the evaluation team for the duration of the evaluation. This position will ensure that methodological rigor and measurement considerations are integrated in the evaluation design and methodology, data collection instruments and procedures, data analysis and reporting of the evaluation deliverables. This is not expected to be a full-time position and the level of effort will be determined once the evaluation proposal is active.
- Conduct an evaluability assessment of the program being evaluated.
- Conduct an evaluation design workshop with stakeholders to build buy-in, establish coordination mechanisms and define details for the evaluation design.
- Develop the most rigorous evaluation design feasible given rules of program implementation
- Contribute to the drafting and finalization of the evaluation design including evaluation methodology, data collection instruments, data collection and analysis plans, and other relevant sections. Focus will be given to judicial and environmental data and considerations.
- Lead the drafting of protocols for research ethics approval through an institutional review board and/or national government entity.
- Provide technical support and oversight of data collection, ensuring necessary mechanisms for data quality assurance. Data collection may consist of two rounds (baseline and endline), each round with a survey, key informant interviews and focus groups.
- Conduct data analysis and draft sections of evaluation reports, following MCC guidance on transparent, reproducible, and ethical data and documentation.
- Provide input on dissemination materials, such as evaluation briefs and presentation materials
- Participate in dissemination efforts for the evaluation findings.
- Ensure all evaluation processes and products meet the requirements and quality standards of MSI and MCC.
- Master's degree in economics, statistics, public policy, political science, or related field, and at least ten (10) years of related experience.
- Experience carrying out quantitative pre-post evaluations in the public administration sector.
- Experience designing a quantitative data sampling strategy, developing instruments, managing data collection, and conducting data analysis.
- Experience setting a retrospective baseline for a pre-post evaluation.
- Strong economic, statistics and econometrics skills.
- Ability to articulate answers to evaluation questions for an audience of practitioners in the final evaluation report.
- Expertise in government transparency in the judicial sector or environmental sector preferred.
- Albanian language ability preferred.
- Experience working in Kosovo highly preferred.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.