MANIFESTA 14 PRISHTINA
Profile: Publications Coordinator
Who are we?
Manifesta, the European Nomadic Biennial, produces one of the world's most influential art events. Manifesta rethinks the relations between culture and society by investigating and catalyzing positive social change in Europe through contemporary culture in dialogue with the social sphere of a specific place. Since 1996, the Manifesta biennial takes place in a different European city every two years. Manifesta 14 will take place from July 22 until October 30, 2022, in Prishtina, Kosovo.
What can Manifesta offer you:
- Access to international network of professionals
- Exciting working environment with English speaking professionals Outstanding working conditions
- Nice and open, transparent organisation with young colleagues from all over the world
- Competitive payment schedule Excellent training facilities
The Marketing, Communication and Publications department is looking for an energetic, detail-oriented Publication Coordinator.
Manifesta is looking for a Senior Publications Coordinator in charge of managing the production of all of Manifesta 14 Prishtina publications. Manifesta creates a series of digital and analogue publications per biennial and is looking for a professional with a substantial amount of publishing experience, to join the team and produce the publications for Manifesta 14 Prishtina. This person must have worked for a minimum of five years within the publishing sector, having experience in creating publications from the start of the production process to completion; creating a publications' framework, commissioning writers, working with graphic designers, editors, proofreaders, publishers and distributors in print and online; and have knowledge and experience in the cultural sector.
- Support the Director and the Head of Communication, Marketing and Publications in the creation, including editing, commissioning, proof reading and production process, of all of Manifesta 14 Prishtina publications: The urban vision (in collaboration with CRA - Carlo Ratti Associati, an education publication and the publication for the artistic programme It matters what worlds world These three publications will be presented as one volume during the biennial. Additionally a programme booklet (guidebook) will have to be produced, as well as a final report for Manifesta 14 Prishtina after the edition has been concluded.
- Support in the compilation of the overall timelines and working sub budgets for all publications
- Create a vision on how and in which way the publications need to be developed in a analogue or digital version.
- As a discussing partner with the Director and the Head of Publications about the concept and the vision of digital and analogue publications at large.
- Co-manage communication of the publications department with all Manifesta Compile all materials needed from other departments (texts, thank you lists, logos etc)
- Co-manage the workflow of the publications from conception to launch including the editing process, the design, proof reading, marketing and distribution
- Help to investigate the national and international market for possible advertisements of all publications
- Organise the distribution of the publications worldwide as well as in Kosovo and among Manifesta staff, departments' distribution lists in close consultation with the Head of Communication, Marketing and Publications
Required skills and experience:
- Minimum 5 years of experience working within the (cultural) publishing sector, preferably within art or architecture publishing houses
- Excellent command of English and Albanian is required, both in written and oral communication; skilled editor and proof-reader
- Excellent communication and persuasion skills; able to write and speak clearly and present information to a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Have knowledge regarding distribution models and schemes for publications (both throughout Kosovo and internationally)
- Effective planning and organisational skills with ability to manage complex information flows and diverse projects simultaneously
- Strong knowledge of marcom tools and channels, including digital marketing tools
- Preferably knowledge of graphic design basics, such as lnDesign, Adobe and Photoshop
- Ability to build strong relationships with key people or organisations
- Hands-on with a strong attention to detail and quality
- Team player, able to cooperate and work under guidelines
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment and according to deadlines;
- Ability to interact with an international team, as part of a larger structure
- Strong interpersonal skills, and ability to deal with diverse stakeholders
- Working hours outside regular scheme
- Working location: Manifesta 14 Prishtina Office, Prishtina, Kosovo
- Working period: As soon as possible - End of March 2023, full-time
- Salary to be discussed at the interview
We accept candidates either based in Kosovo or those who are from Kosovo and see their future professional development in their home country.
How to apply: Please send your letter of motivation (max 500 words) and CV, both in English, with the reference Manifesta 14 Publications Coordinator to Emilia van Lynden, Head of Communication, Marketing and Publications at Manifesta, by the 31st of December 2021. E: email@example.com Successful candidates will be invited to an online interview, which will be scheduled in the w/c the 3rd of January 2022.
Manifesta is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. This policy applies to all conditions of employment including hiring. Manifesta operates under the Fair Practice Code of Solidarity, Trust, Sustainability, Diversity and Transparency which means Fair Chain, Fair Share and Fair Pay.