POSITION: Public Relations (PR) & Events Officer
Action for Mothers and Children, AMC, is a non-for-profit foundation with the foremost goal to save the lives of children and improve the health care for mothers in the Republic of Kosovo through developing better systems for the care of pregnant women, and their children.
We believe that every child and mother have the right to a healthy life, regardless of where they are or what means they have.
By developing and implementing programs that improve the health care of mothers and their infants, the number of children who die unnecessarily can be substantially decreased. We aim to focus on the development of sustainable, high quality, and capacity building health care programs for mothers and children in Kosovo.
We are currently recruiting a Public Relations (PR) & Events Officer to join our team. We at Action for Mothers and Children are determined to save lives and improve the quality of life of mothers and children in Kosovo. We support and fund projects and activities in the following areas: health education programming, research programs, advocacy programs and supply programs. As PR & Events Officer, you’ll be a team player with excellent people skills and the confidence to represent the charity in your day to day work and at events. You will organize and oversee PR activities and ensure effective communication with stakeholders, media and the public. We expect you to have a creative mind and excellent communication skills. Most importantly, you’ll have the desire to succeed at improving mothers’ and children’s health in Kosovo.
WORK DUTIES MAY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Develop PR campaigns and media relations strategies
- Collaborate with internal teams
- Edit and update promotional material and publications (brochures, videos, social media posts etc.)
- Develop and maintain media databases
- Write reports or prepare presentations to communicate fundraising program data
- Promote fundraising outcomes to donors and public
- Manage the social-media channels Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube Channel (reply to comments, provide progress reports on the numbers, post content - announcements)
- Prepare quarterly newsletters
- Actively promote the work of AMC in social media
- Prepare and publish media press releases and media invitations
- Maintain and update the website with the latest information
- Conduct media monitoring
- Collect and publish beneficiary stories
- Maintain the archive of all video productions of AMC, brochures, and other marketing materials
- Ensure effective social media promotion and boosts for AMC activities
- Assist fundraising & events manager in annual fundraising events and campaigns
- Assist in coordinating and promoting social enterprises of AMC
- Other duties as assigned
- BA/BS Degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, Communications or a related field;
- Prior experience in PR and communication;
- Qualifications in management, marketing, communications or public relations may be helpful;
- Experience in using MailChimp preferably;
- Has completed a Social Media Management Course preferably;
- Skills to design (with Photoshop or other similar software);
- Ability to work with diverse individuals and groups on complex community issues;
- Ability to take quality photographs and photo editing skills;
- Experience or academic background in a field related to public health is preferable;
- Willingness to engage in continuous learning and training;
- Demonstrated professional aptitude;
- Excellent knowledge of English;
- Social Media content creation;
- Be highly-organized;
- Effective written and verbal communication skills;
- Teamwork skills and ability to work under pressure.
Parallel to an attractive salary, AMC offers you a healthy workplace and you will have our full support if you want to further your own personal development.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a Motivation Letter to email@example.com with subject line “Public Relations & Events Officer” no later than April 11, 2021.