USAID Kosovo Economic Governance Activity (KEGA)
Scope of Work
- Position: Public-Private Engagement Specialist (CCN)
- Period of Assignment: August 2020 – May 2021 (part-time or full-time, fixed duration)
- Reports to: Chief of Party (COP)
- Location: Pristina
The USAID/Kosovo Economic Governance Activity (the Activity) is a five-year initiative to support Kosovo partners to implement significant reforms that will improve the simplicity, transparency, accountability and efficiency of government operations, strengthen public financial management, and improve responsive public-private engagement, through adoption and confirmation of self-reliant, inclusive governance processes, ability, and systems. The support will be offered through the following three objectives:
- Business Environment Improvement;
- Strengthened Public Financial Management; and,
- Enhanced Strategic Communications.
The Public-Private Engagement (PPE) Specialist, which falls under the third objective, will coordinate closely with and support the other two Objective teams of the Activity to engage with private and public sector partners to identify, improve, institutionalize, and monitor information mechanisms for improved effective objective outcome-based public-private dialogue. The PPE Specialist will support partners to understand and sustainably use framework systems for dialogue, including supporting partners to identify and apply necessary sustaining dialogue organizational infrastructure and practices.
Further, the PPES will, in close cooperation with the Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Analytics Advisor (MELA) and Strategic Communications Advisor (SCA), identify and support improvements in intra-organizational systems for information that feeds into and flows out of dialogue platforms, including across governance institutions, private sector bodies and their members, and between organizations and the public.
The PPES will also support implantation of project’s activities with her/his experience in and knowledge of virtual communication and information systems, tools, or platforms.
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities
In coordination with Objective One and Two and the rest of the Activity team, PPE Specialist will be responsible for implementing the following tasks:
- Support the Ministry of Economy and Environment (MEE), the Activity partner municipalities and the private sector for an effective engagement and public communication for the successful implementation of the program for the legalization of unpermitted construction (legalization program), by encouraging citizen participation in the process;
- Support the implementation of the public motivation campaign for the legalization of unpermitted constructions in Pristina and Graçanicë/Gračanica municipalities, and support the building of public-private attention and consensus on the legalization program;
- Support MTI and MEE to conduct a review and analysis of market inspections and construction inspection functions to inform a potential broader inspections-related reform, by involving private sector partners for their inputs;
- Organize online or in-person discussions and working sessions with key stakeholders involved in the construction permitting process, including private sector and civil society organizations, to review main challenges in the construction permitting process, including validation of the process in practice and recommended actions for improvements;
- In consultations with NGOs, academia, media, business associations, and other stakeholders, conduct a review of the existing fiscal data publication by the Ministry of Finance (MoF) and identify the need for additional publication, as well as support Treasury within MoF to develop templates for additional data publication options;
- Engage with the private sector to identify gaps in information relating to taxpayer services and activities, and support promotional activities to fill those gaps to increase transparency and improve taxpayer perceptions of TAK;
- Support TAK for a structured dialogue with private sector to jointly monitor implementation of the Integrity Improvement Plan;
- Identify and coordinate closely with other donors and projects engaged in public-private dialogue to identify and promote common practices, shared resources, common goals, and efficient cooperative support in the context of self-sustainability;
- In close cooperation with MELA and SCA, provide consultative strengthening to partners in support of their respective roles (e.g. as public sector body accounting to the public, private sector representative body increasing economic value to members, etc.);
- Meet or exceed all quantitative project goals and performance deadlines linked to this position as articulated in the project Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plan and annual work plans;
- Track and continuously report on validated organizational and outcome-evidenced reforms achieved by partners with project support by monitored by the MELA, and providing input for informational materials as developed by the SCA.
- Review means and methods of communication between (1) citizens and state bodies at the national and local level (2) between information intermediaries and third parties and (3) within and across public institutions, and recommend any e-service tools, platforms, or systems that could improve information access, transparency and communication.
- Experience - Minimum 2 years of experience and demonstrated record of improving public or private sector organizational performance and facilitating cooperative partnerships with peer organizations, members and across public-private outcome-focused dialogue relationships. Experience with virtual dialogue and information systems is an advantage.
- Education – University degree in business, organizational dynamics, psychology, public policy or related field.
- Language Skills – English and Albanian fluency, with excellent writing and quantitative Serbian language skill preferred.
- Computer Skills - Word processing (Microsoft Word), spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel), e-mail (Microsoft Outlook), virtual tools for communication (beneficial).
- Interpersonal Skills – Proven ability to work professionally, constructively and collaboratively as part of team, meet deadlines, communicate effectively, and deal with diverse partners (including high-level government officials, entrepreneurs and international donors) in a challenging environment.
- Self-Motivation and Guidance – Ability to manage daily activities and achieve expected results with or without direct oversight and effectively function in a complex, challenging environment.
Please send electronic applications, including ONLY a CV and cover letter, to email@example.com by August 14, 2020 no later than 4:00 PM.
Please indicate your name and the position title for which you are applying in the subject line. Incomplete and late applications will not be considered. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.