Request for Expression of Interest
Country: Kosovo Project ID: P173819
World Bank Loan/Credit Name: Kosovo COVID-19 Emergency Project Ref. No.: XK-MOH-204796-CS-INDV
Project Officer to support Department for Social Policy and Family (DSPF) for implementation reforms in social field and coordination activity with donors
Currently, Kosovo is engaged in an all-of-government response to preventing and mitigating the impact of COVID-19. As part of this response, the Government in providing income support to poor and vulnerable households in Kosovo to enable them to comply with the social distancing measures that have been introduced to contain the COVID-19 pandemic. This measure is particularly important to Kosovo, given the high rates of poverty and large numbers of people at risk of falling into poverty and into deeper poverty, as described in the sectorial context and economic appraisal sections. To this end, the Government
(a) maintained the existing social assistance payments; (b) financed an increase in the value of the benefits provided to Social Assistance Scheme (SAS) beneficiaries to assist them in meeting their basic needs in the face of rising health care costs and loss of other income sources; and (c) expanded the coverage of the SAS to additional households that have lost their sources of income as result of the pandemic and that do not receive support from other Government
To consolidate this rapid expansion of the system, the DSPF has requested financial and technical support from the World Bank to hire a Project Officer to support DSPF/SAS Division to implement reforms and coordinate activities in the field of social assistance and social services.
The Project Officer will provide technical assistance in evidence-based social protection and social welfare interventions proven successful in implementation reforms for social assistance or social services and coordinate activities with other donors.
The objective of this assignment is to provide support to DSPF for implementation reforms in social welfare and provide support for coordination activity with stakeholder’s part of the Kosovo COVID-19 Emergency Project. Under the direction of this assignment the Project Officer also will be responsible for providing technical guidance and coordination activity with donors and institution for implementation programs and plans for DSPF
Consultant qualifications and required experience:
- Master degree in any of the following disciplines: Social Sciences, Economy, Finance, Business Administration, Business Management, Entrepreneurship;
- Three (3) year experience in a similar position. Working with vulnerable categories, social welfare sustainable programs, safety net programs, field of monitoring and evaluation in any field will be an added advantage;
- Excellent analytical, report writing skills and proven communication skills both written and spoken;
- Experience working with line ministries, municipalities, local NGOs and international organizations;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Internet, Word, Power Point, Microsoft Excel, and internet required; Experience with statistics and data software is an added advantage;
- Very good proactive leadership and teamwork skills gained by taking a leadership position and employing proactive strategies when working in teams;
- Experience with convening and facilitating trainings & workshops and knowledge of community mobilization and referral linkages;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced environment, set priorities, work independently and in a team environment;
- Willingness to work additional hours in order to meet tight deadlines;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills including negotiation skills and tact are essential;
- Experience in documenting systems and bug reporting and documentation;
- Excellent command of Albanian and English Knowledge of Serbian language is an added advantage.
The scope of work details as well other information’s related to this assignment are indicated under TOR.
Experienced and qualified individuals will be selected according to the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers’ (the Regulations), issued in July 2016, and revised November 2017 and August 2018, based on an open call for Individual Consultants (IC) Selection.
Detailed TOR this assignment are available on MoH web page or may be requested to the contact person below:
Interested individual consultants may obtain further information about the assignment at the addresses below during office hours: 09:00 - 16:00 hrs (Monday to Friday).
Expression of interest may be submitted to Ministry of Health to the below stated address until 3 May, 2021
Ministry of Health,
Atnn. Afrim Bajrami, Procurement Specialist Address: Rr. Zagrebit Nr. 60
10 000 Prishtinë, Republic of Kosovo Website: https://msh.rks-gov.net
E-mail: To : email@example.com