Project Manager (male/female/diverse) in Prishtina, Kosovo
We are looking for a Project Manager for our country office in Kosovo starting from 15th of January 2021.
Who we are
Forum Ziviler Friedensdienst e.V. (forumZFD - Forum Civil Peace Service) supports people involved in violent conflicts on the path to peace and strives to help overcome war and violence.
forumZFD is currently working with peace consultants in Germany, as well as eleven other countries in Europe, the Middle East and South East Asia. Its Academy for Conflict Transformation offers a learning space for professional, international peace work. Through dialogue events, educational work and campaigns, forumZFD actively advocates civil peace policy.
forumZFD is recognised by the German federal government as a member of the Civil Peace Service (CPS) consortium. It finances its work through public and private grants, donations and membership fees.
Your tasks and responsibilities
forumFD is seeking a full-time Project Manager for its country office in Kosovo also working in close cooperation with other forumZFD offices in the Western Balkans region. The main fields of activity of the programme in the Western Balkans and in Kosovo is Dealing with the Past (DwP) and Peace Education (PE).
As a project Manager, you will contribute to the Western Balkans Program of forumZFD as part of the office team in Kosovo and forumZFD’s regional structure, through projects in the areas of Dealing with the Past (DwP) and Peace Education (PE). Responsibilities will include assuring the implementation and financial stability of the projects and activities related to this position.
Additional tasks of this position include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:
- Establish, maintain contacts and cooperate with relevant actors working on issues in the field of DwP and PE (activists of other civil society organizations, Ministry of Education and Science, academic researchers, teachers’ associations, etc.),
- Collaborate with other colleagues within the Kosovo and other country offices to implement activities focused on DwP and PE topics,
- Manage activities and projects to meet financial requirements and fulfil internal standards and procedures for project planning, monitoring, and evaluation,
- Participate in the further development of the regional programme in the area of DwP and PE,
- Report to the Kosovo Country Director
- Advanced university degree in social sciences, conflict transformation, peacebuilding, international development or other relevant fields,
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working on topics in the area of Dealing with the Past and/or Peace Education,
- Further qualification in the civil peace service or comparable knowledge of methods for civil and non-violent conflict management,
- Thorough knowledge of the political and social environment in Kosovo and the Western Balkans,
- Minimum 3 years’ proven professional project management experience, including initiation and implementation of projects in cooperation with activists, networks, movements and/or NGOs,
- Eperience in third-party fundraising with partners is an asset,
- Distinct experience and ability to work effectively in teams with diverse backgrounds, including experience working in virtual team settings,
- High level of social competence, flexibility, and intercultural sensitivity,
- Excellent written and spoken command of English, good knowledge of one or more official languages spoken in Kosovo is an asset,
- Solid IT skills (office applications and social media),
- Driving licence and driving experience,
- EU citizenship is required for this position.
We offer an attractive position with responsibilities for a minimum of two years in a growing organization. We also offer participation in qualification and professional development courses (among others, at forumZFD’s Academy for Conflict Transformation), a project-based preparation, regular coaching and, where appropriate, participation in a language course. As the position is based on the German Development Aid Workers Act (EhfG), it is restricted to citizens of the EU. The position is renumerated according to the provisions of this law, including comprehensive social security benefits and financial reintegration assistance upon return.
Working for forumZFD, you will have the opportunity to contribute your ideas and skills within the innovative field of conflict transformation and peacebuilding.
Start of assignment
Ideally, you are available to start working on 15th of January 2021 (preparation courses, followed by at least two years’ work within the project with the option of extension).
Please apply online at www.forumzfd.de/en/jobs/ (letter of motivation and CV) latest 15th of November 2020.
An assessment centre as part of the selection process is planned to take place from 8th to 10th of December 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contracted and requested to participate in the assessment centre. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Ms. Lara Lang at email@example.com.