Project Manager - Support to Anti-Corruption Efforts in Kosovo (SAEK)
Location : Prishtinë/Priština, Kosovo, UNSCR 1244 (1999)
Application Deadline : 25-Sep-20 (Midnight New York, USA)
Additional Category : Democratic Governance and Peacebuilding
Type of Contract : Service Contract
Post Level : SB-4
Languages Required : English
Starting Date : 15-Oct-2020
Duration of Initial Contract : One (1) year with a possibility of extension
Expected Duration of Assignment : One (1) year with a possibility of extension
Duties and ResponsibilitiesUnder the direct supervision of the Assistant Resident Representative and Programme Coordinator, the Project Manager has the overall responsibility for achieving the project results (outputs) as defined in the approved project document and annual work-plans through timely and quality implementation and monitoring. The Project Manager will coordinate a project team and collaborate closely with partners and contractors.
The Project Manager will execute duties and responsibilities outlined below in the following functional areas:
Management of the project, implementing activities by mobilizing goods and services, in accordance with UNDP POPP and the UNDP Kosovo Standard Operating Procedures:
- Ensure timely and good-quality implementation of workplan activities;
- Support a high-performing project team, coordinate and supervise the work of the project personnel;
- Continuously monitor progress against the approved work-plan; Identify changes in the external environment and promptly agree necessary solutions/actions (ex. related to the planning and implementation of activities, need for new activities) with UNDP office and Project Board;
- Prepare annual project work-plans and related sub-plans (procurement plan, quarterly plans if required, and others as necessary);
- Support the technical advisers in internal and external communication and partnerships with relevant government counterparts;
- Maintain positive working relations with all project stakeholders;
- Link up project activities with related and parallel activities internally and externally;
- Identify synergies with other UNDP projects and coordinate accordingly;
- Mobilize personnel, goods and services, and training activities, including drafting terms of reference and work specifications and overseeing all contractors’ work;
- Manage requests for the provision of financial resources by UNDP, through advance of funds, direct payments, or reimbursement using the Fund Authorization and Certificate of Expenditures (FACE) form;
- Monitor financial resources and accounting to ensure accuracy and reliability of financial reports; ensue preparation of budget revisions as necessary; follow up with UNDP programme associate and finance staff on issues;
- Coordinate an exit strategy at least 6 months ahead of the project closure date; ensure closure of the project is done according to the established procedures.
Monitoring of progress and risks, ensuring that changes are controlled and problems addressed; Reporting on progress including measures to address challenges and opportunities:
- Monitor events as determined in the project monitoring schedule plan, and update the plan (in Atlas and off-Atlas) as required;
- Periodically update the project information Atlas Project Management module;
- Manage and monitor the project risks initially identified and submit to the Project Board for consideration and decision on possible actions if required; update the status of these risks by maintaining the project risks log;
- Organize regular Board meetings and perform regular progress reporting to the project board as agreed to with the board;
- Prepare progress reports in close coordination with technical advisers to the project, with the frequency and using the template recommended by the UNDP office. Submit the report to supervisor in the UNDP programme team for review and clearance, according to the agreed timetable. Share report with the project board;
- Ensure reporting to donor is prepared timely and the reports are meeting the standards and are gender inclusive;
- Support the preparation of reviews and evaluations as defined in the project document;
- Prepare final project reports and papers with desegregated data as per indicators, baselines and targets.
Support partnerships and advocacy activities at project level
- Be familiar with the activities of other development projects in the sector, establish contact and keep up-to date with their work;
- Ensure and coordinate meaningful participation of all national and international stakeholders in all phases of planning and implementation processes;
- Support the partnerships and advocacy activities agreed by the UNDP office in the area/sector covered by the project;
- Serve as the focal point for the Communications Team and prepare communication and visibility materials for project activities.
Ensure implementation of knowledge management activities
- Regular exchange of information/experience with other projects, cross-learning and sharing results and good practices;
- Ensure the project has the required communication package and preparation, upon request of the UNDP office, of information materials for dissemination within UNDP globally and regionally, and to external stakeholders;
- Capture lessons learnt during project implementation – a lessons learnt log can be used in this regard;
- Participation in regular internal meetings;
- Participation in training events, communities of practice, codifying and sharing knowledge facilitation and organization of training for project staff to enable them to perform at the required level.
Impact of Results
- The results of the work of Project Manager have a direct impact on the implementation of the project and the achievement of results. The results have an impact on the planning, implementation, monitoring and coordination of project activities and resources (human, financial, material assets etc.) in order to meet expected results, and contribute to the overall success and impact of the UNDP office work in Kosovo.
- Ability to conduct strategic planning, results-based management and reporting;
- Ability to lead monitoring of management projects;
- Ability to lead business process;
- Ability to affect staff behavioral/attitudinal change;
- Ability to perform a variety of specialized tasks related to Results-Based Management, including support to design, planning and implementation of the programme, managing data, reporting;
- Analytical and strategic thinking/results orientation;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
- Ability to establish effective working relations in a multicultural team environment;
- Excellent supervisory, management and team-building skills.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission and strategic goals of UNDP;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism;
- Fulfils all obligations to gender sensitivity and zero tolerance for sexual harassment;
- Demonstrates substantial experience in gender equality;
- Actively promotes gender equality in all Project activities.
Knowledge Management and Learning:
- Promotes a knowledge sharing and learning culture in the office;
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more; Practice Areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills;
- Has a strategic approach to problem-solving.
Management and Leadership:
- Focuses on impact and results and responds positively to feedback;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities;
- Leads teams effectively and shows mentoring as well as conflict resolution skills;
- Ability to establish effective working relations in a multicultural team environment;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills;
- Builds strong relationships with internal and external clients;
- Demonstrates capacity to communicate effectively; resource management; capacity to plan and organize programmes effectively;
- Demonstrates resourcefulness, initiative and mature judgment;
- Demonstrates skills to operate under complex and stressful situations;
- Proven networking, team building, organizational and communications skills;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information and records.
Required Skills and ExperienceEducation:
- MA in public administration, management, economics, public policy, social sciences, political science, law, development or a related field.
- Min 5 years of professional working experience in project/programme management and in establishing relationships among international organizations and local institutions/communities;
- Familiarity with the anti-corruption initiatives and projects, including previous experience on the subject is an asset;
- Proven track record in coordinating complex programs in multi-stakeholder environments, preferably on issues related to anti-corruption;
- Previous experience in development assistance or related work for an international agency or donor organization or NGO;
- Proven ability to manage and lead teams;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Fluency in both oral and written English. Fluency in Albanian and/or Serbian is required.
All interested candidates must complete the UNDP PERSONAL HISTORY FORM (P11). Without the completed and signed P11 Form, your application will not be considered. P11 Form can be downloaded at http://www.ks.undp.org/content/kosovo/en/home/operations/jobs/
To submit your application online, please follow the steps below:
- Download and complete the the UNDP PERSONAL HISTORY FORM (P11)
- Click on the "Apply now" button;
- Input your information in the appropriate Sections: personal information, language proficiency, education, resume and motivation. You can type in, or paste your short Resume into the last box;
- Upon completion of the first page, please hit "submit application" tab at the end of the page. On the next page, you will be asked to upload your Resume. Instead of uploading your Resume, please submit a fully completed and signed UNDP Personal History Form (P-11);
- System will only allow one attachment. All docs (P11, academic qualifications/diploma) should be included as one attachment.