Job Profile: Project Manager
Location: Prishtina, Kosovo
Type: Part time
Manifesta, the European Nomadic Biennial, produces one of the world’s most influential art events. Manifesta rethinks the relations between culture and society by investigating and catalyzing positive social change in Europe through contemporary culture in dialogue with the social sphere of a specific place. Since 1996, the Manifesta biennial takes place in a different European city every two years.
Manifesta 14 is scheduled to take place in Prishtina, Kosovo, from July 22 until October 30, 2022.
Manifesta 14 Prishtina is looking for an experienced Project Manager from Kosovo or Kosovar diaspora. The Project Manager will be responsible for coordinating activities of the awarded European Union’s Creative Europe Western Balkan grant for the project: Manifesta 14, Co-Producing Common Space and Shaping Formations of Solidarity in the Western Balkans and Beyond / M14WB.
The M14WB project is a collaborative project in 2021-2022 that aims to develop a sustainable pilot model for a new cultural institution in Prishtina, which is embedded in a trans-regional network. For this project, Manifesta 14 Prishtina is collaborating with 11 partners from different cities in the Western Balkans, Germany, and Bulgaria. See: https://manifesta14.org/pre-biennial/western-balkan/
The Project Manager will coordinate the overall implementation process of the Creative Europe Grant and its activities under supervision of the Head of Business and Head of Development and will serve as the main contact for Manifesta’s Heads of Production, Education, and Communication, and the CE partner organizations of the project. The Project Manager will oversee the overall organisation and implementation of the M14WB project and its activities, as well as the internal and external communication. The Project Manager will lead and monitor the overall process of the M14WB project and the progress of its activities in regular meetings with all partners and the Manifesta 14 team, ensuring that all deadlines are met, and all deliverables are completed on time.
The Head of Development is the contact person to the European Union.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure the M14WB project is implemented in full accordance with the conditions of the Grant Agreement, its articles, and regulations.
- Act as the overall coordinator of the grant activities, and act as main contact between Manifesta’s Heads and partner organizations as well as regularly communicate project status to all parties.
- Assist the CE partners in collaboration with M14 team in the organization of events taking place in Prishtina and coordinate the necessary logistics.
- Create and coordinate project-related documents and reporting, ensuring all necessary materials and documents are produced and delivered on time.
- Coordinate the administration in close collaboration with the Grants Administrator in charge of financial and administrative schedules, timesheets, budgets, and expenditures.
- Drafting interim and final narrative and financial reports in collaboration with the Head of Business and Head of Development.
- Ensure project deadlines are met.
- Provide other managerial and administrative support as needed.
- Create and ensure effective communication flow with all involved in the grant.
- Report monthly back to the Director with assessment.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven experience in project management and coordination, preferably including experience with international partners and European Union grants.
- Knowledge of file management, transcription, and other administrative procedures.
- Competency with Office 365, Dropbox, and similar software.
- Excellent communication and time management skills (English required).
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team as well as individually.
PERIOD AND STATUS
Starting date: As soon as possible
End date: 31.12.2022 with possible extension
HOW TO APPLY?
Please send your Cover Letter and CV, both in English, with reference Project Manager to Marieke van Hal, Head of Development at International Foundation Manifesta by 15 December 2021. E: firstname.lastname@example.org Successful candidates will be invited to an interview.