Location : Prishtinë/Priština, Kosovo, UNSCR 1244 (1999)
Application Deadline : 24-Apr-22 (Midnight New York, USA)
Additional Category : Gender Equality
Type of Contract : Service Contract
Post Level : SB-3
Languages Required : English
Starting Date : 02-May-2022
Duration of Initial Contract : 03 May 2022 – 31 December 2022
Expected Duration of Assignment : 03 May 2022 – 31 December 2022
Brand: UN Women
Post Type and Level: SB3 (q2)
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
The current COVID-19 crisis is having a significant impact on people’s lives at the global level – in terms of jobs, livelihoods, delivery of basic services – and particularly for those already in vulnerable situations who will be hit the hardest. Short to medium term socio-economic implications on vulnerable group’s resilience and ability to cope is already evident particularly from already exposed groups. For less developed countries the strain of the pandemic and the recovery phase will be that much harder.
To address some of these issues, through joint initiative by UNDP, UN Women, United Nations Volunteers (UNV), ILO, IOM, UNICEF, Save the Children, selected CSWs, and the Department for Social Policy and Families, will contribute to the implementation of the Action Document which has led to a series of consultations to ensure complementarity of interventions and coordination.
“Response to COVID-19 Emergency and Early Recovery Support” Project has the objective to enhance the provision of social services by CSW and improve access to equitable, qualitative, integrated social protection for the most vulnerable groups, including women and girls.
The project is funded through EU IPA II – 2014-2020 /Action Document (Kosovo) - EU4 Social Protection following the coronavirus and seeks to address immediate COVID-19 related challenges for vulnerable groups through humanitarian support and contribute to improved social services delivery through capacity development and digitalization of processes.
The Action contributes directly to UNDP’s Common Planning Document for 2021-2025, the UN’s Sustainable Development Framework, and EU’s Gender Action Plan (GAP) and policies on the protection of Human Rights, in light of the adoption of the 2030 Agenda on Sustainable Development and the commitment to “leave no one behind” as well as Kosovo’s strategic documents.
UN Women in Kosovo will contribute to the “Response to COVID-19 Emergency and Early Recovery Support” through its specific program outputs/activities to the joint implementation modality, through Improving socio-economic support system for the most vulnerable by Mapping report/needs assessment on the economic empowerment, including grants for support of businesses. Also, Humanitarian support for vulnerable households by Technical advisor/expert on gender mainstreaming/Gender Based Violence/Domestic Violence issues to review and update existing SOPs for institutional mechanism and NGOs. Events on Support service providers from institutional mechanism and NGOs with gender responsive training and technical support, promote community actions to change gender discriminatory social norms and gender stereotypes. Lastly, strengthening front-line response services to mitigate the effect of the pandemic by Improving work environment and continuity of service delivery.
In this regard and to support the implementation of project, UN Women seeks to recruit a Project / Finance Assistant who will support the implementation of project activities, while promoting gender equality and the empowerment of women, strengthen gender responsiveness of humanitarian action, prevention, recovery, and resilience, under existing partnerships and in close collaboration with and in synergy with UN agencies, national actors, civil society, and strategic partners. To this end, UN Women and UNDP will closely coordinate the implementation of these interventions that require gender expertise towards strengthening gender responsiveness of humanitarian actions, prevention, recovery, and resilience.
Duties and ResponsibilitiesUnder the supervision of the Head of Office and Project Coordinator, in close consultation with Programme Support Officer , and in full accordance with applicable safety measures and protocols on COVID-19 prevention and control, issued by the Ministry of Health, WHO and the Kosovo Public Health Institute, the Project / Finance Assistant will:
1. Project Support:
- Ensure day-to-day administrative work related to the smooth running of the Project.
- Support the work of Project Coordinator on planning, implementation, and coordination of project activities as well as resources (human, financial, material assets etc.) so to meet expected project results.
- Support the overall implementation of the project in the areas of finance, budgeting, procurement, administrative and logistics matters.
- Assist with organizing events and arranging meetings and missions, coordinate travel arrangements, including the development of background materials and other relevant reports and documentation.
- Managing budgets for all events and work closely with Project coordinator to find effective ways to arrange/reduce costs as per project needs.
- Properly control the supporting documents for payments of contractors and beneficiaries, including operational expenditures
- Receives and verifies invoices; submit them for payments in a timely manner. Ensures all original financial records are kept on file, including both vendor and partner contracts and documentation.
- Jointly with Project Coordinator undertake project visits as necessary, monitor activities, and ensure compliance with UN Women rules and regulations.
- Creates and manages the filing system for the project office. Keeps and updates annual leave and absence monitoring records.
- Manages electronic/manual registry of all correspondence shared and received, ensures correct distribution, monitors, and tracks correspondence to ensure responsiveness.
- Ensure efficient exchange of information between the UN Women Kosovo office and project team.
- Assists on media relation, on writing articles and media visibility for project activities.
- Assist in preparing activity reports, monthly reports, and quarterly reports.
- Support translation, drafting, and editing of project documents and their dissemination and ensure proper filing,
- Support UN Women Project Office in Pristina in preparation of relevant reports/other documents, provision of inputs concerning the work and activities on request.
- Performing other tasks as assigned by the Project Coordinator and UN Women Head of Office, Kosovo
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication and Inclusive Collaboration
- Actively promotes gender equality during Project activities.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
Please visit this link for more information on UN Women’s Core Values and Competencies - https://www.unwomen.org/-/media/headquarters/attachments/sections/about%20us/employment/un-women-values-and-competencies-framework-en.pdf?la=en&vs=637
- Good knowledge of programme management.
- Ability to administer and execute administrative processes and transactions.
- Ability to create, edit and present information in clear and presentable formats.
- Ability to manage data, documents, correspondence and reports information and workflow.
- Good financial and budgeting skills.
- Ability to gather and interpret data, reach logical conclusions, and present findings.
- Good analytical skills
Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on the success of the project at country. In particular, the key results have an impact on the design, operation, and programming, monitoring, and reporting of activities, progress, and achievements, as well as creation of strategic partnerships.
Required Skills and ExperienceEducation and certification:
- Completion of secondary education; first university degree in business or public administration, economics, political science, or social sciences desirable.
- CIPS certification is considered asset
- Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible administrative or project management support experience is required, including but not limited to administration, procurement, HR, or logistic support services at the national or international level.
- Ability to network and liaise with relevant counterparts.
- Experience in preparing and managing budgets and project finances.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, PDF etc)
- Advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages.
- Advanced knowledge of web-based management systems.
- Previous experience in an EU funded project / with UN is a distinct advantage.
- Fluency in Albanian and English is required
- Knowledge of Serbian is considered an asset
All interested candidates must complete a PERSONAL HISTORY FORM (P-11). Failure to disclose prior employment or making false representations on this form will be grounds for withdrawal of further consideration of his/her application or termination, where the appointment or contract has been issued.
P11 including past experience in similar assignments; can be downloaded at: http://www.unwomen.org/about-us/employment
- Click on the "Apply now" button.
- Input your information in the appropriate Sections: personal information, language proficiency, education, resume and motivation. You can type in, or paste your short Resume into the last box.
- Upon completion of the first page, please hit "submit application" tab at the end of the page. On the next page, you will be asked to upload your Resume. Instead of uploading your Resume, please submit a fully completed and signed Personal History Form (P-11).
- System will only allow one attachment. All docs (P11, academic qualifications/diploma) should be included as one attachment.