Open Data Kosovo is a civic-tech organization that uses technology to contribute towards good governance, transparency, and accountability. We contribute to the development of a local and vibrant tech scene through youth engagement with new and enabling technologies to problem-solve social issues. Open Data Kosovo has partnered with great local and international organizations such as Amnesty International, US State Department, UNDP, UNMIK, UNIFE, EU, Open Tech Fund, Open Contracting Partnership, Visegrad Fund, The Engine Room to produce exciting and impactful products. We are currently seeking a Project Coordinator to join our vibrant team.
Beyond a competitive salary, we offer a dynamic working environment, the chance to be involved in projects with worldwide clients, but most importantly plenty of room for personal development and growth. You will be working in a space where you can develop and see your ideas through, with constant support from our bright and dynamic team.
We are looking for a responsible Project Coordinator to perform a variety of tasks related to project management. Duties of the Project Coordinator include providing support to our managers and employees, assisting in daily office needs and managing our company’s general activities regarding the implementation of projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Project Coordinator would:
- Ensure the effective and flexible coordination and implementation of multiple projects;
- Ensure that the projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget;
- Ensure that the beneficiaries are well involved in all project activities;
- Contribute to Open Data Kosovo’s growth with fundraising, conceptualizing activities, drafting project proposals, grant writing, and managing internal resources.
- Assist in planning project events and meetings based on the activities being implemented;
- Help prepare reports, presentations, and data.
More specifically the Project Coordinator would:
- Ensure optimal cooperation of involved beneficiaries with regard to implementation of all components of the projects;
- Supervise the procurement process, in particular the selection of service providers and venue selection;
- Supervise the financial management and administration of the projects;
- Write all required reports, particularly financial reports, to meet the project’s output.
Important qualifications include:
- 2+ years of experience in a project management role with successful fundraising and grant writing experience (of special interest if EU related);
- Strong leadership capabilities and a demonstrated record of successful leadership of multidisciplinary teams;
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to work in an Agile environment;
- An appreciation for technology and a deep understanding of how it can be leveraged for social good and good governance;
- Experience in designing and implementing projects with elements of youth engagement;
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in business, management, finance, accounting, or a related field;
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Familiarity with business principles and practices;
- Organizational, planning, and problem-solving skills;
- Time management and prioritization skills;
- Computer skills, particularly with spreadsheets and calculation software.
- Fluency in spoken and written English;
- Good knowledge of spoken and written Albanian;
- Good knowledge of spoken and written Serbian is an asset but not a requirement.
The assignment will start in or about July 2021 with a possibility of extension.
Please make all submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org by attaching your CV and cover letter.
E-mails sent with empty subject lines or body content will not be taken into consideration.
Application Deadline: 04 July, 2021