Project Communications Assistant
Host Entity UNDP
Country Kosovo (UNSC 1244)
Duty Station Pristina (KOS)
Language Skills English, Albanian, Serbian
Start Date Immediate
Duration until 30 November 2020
Application Deadline 22 July 2020
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of Healthier Kosovo Project Coordinator and overall guidance of UNV Country Coordinator the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Maintain direct contact with the implementing partner and the assigned vendors to ensure the quality and timely production of the digital content.
- Contribute and oversee the implementation of outreach and communications campaigns implemented by the project.
- Draft and implement the project communications plan
- Closely follow the project activities and implementing partners together with in order to keep abreast of activities and identify storylines for publications a showcasing project results;
- Gather compelling visual and written content (interviews, pictures and raw video footage) capturing the results produced by the project.
- Design and produce multimedia communication assets (human-interest stories, short videos, social media content and other required Public Information Material) capturing project results and share them with UNDP/UNV and UN Kosovo Team (UNKT
- Perform other related duties as may be required or assigned by the supervisor within the scope of the assignment.
Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent
Education - Additional Comments:
Bachelor degree in Communication, Journalism, arts and design, social sciences, or other relevant field
Required experience: 24 Months
- 2 years of professional experience in in communications, design, advocacy, public relations, journalism or other related experience.
- Demonstrated experience in gathering and producing multimedia communication content (photos, short stories / articles, videos and other PI materials).
- Strong overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.), and office technology equipment;
- Proficiency in graphic design software (Photoshop, Indesign, Publisher etc)
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary teams and implementing partners.
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines
- Previous experience as a volunteer and/or experience of another culture, (i.e. studies, volunteer work, internship) would be highly regarded;
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Albanian(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Serbian(Optional), Level - Working Knowledge
Area of expertise: Public information and reporting, Other communications related experience
Driving license: No
This is a national UN Volunteer assignment, therefore only nationals of Kosovo (UNSC 1244) and legal residents with a residency permit, the status of refugee or with the status of being stateless are eligible to apply.
Application deadline 22nd.July 2020.