REF NUMBER o24/2022
DIRECTORATE Council of Europe Office in Pristina
GRADE Grade B2
TYPE OF RECRUITMENT Local Recruitment
Local recruitment competition open to applicants already present in Kosovo
Council of Europe Office in Pristina
Project: Building Capacity for Inclusion in Education
Are you motivated, organised and with an eye for details? Would you like to contribute to the activities of an International Organisation working for human rights, democracy and the rule of law and in particular promoting democracy and inclusion through education? If so, our job offer may be the right opportunity for you.
The project” Building Capacity for Inclusion in Education:
Quality education can only be achieved if the system is inclusive, equitable and welcoming to all children. The aim of this project is to improve access to quality education of students from disadvantaged groups in pre-primary, primary and secondary education - in line with the Beneficiary’s domestic policies and priorities and Council of Europe standards and practices. Specific outcomes include strengthening the capacity of the pre-primary, primary and secondary education system to improve participation and support services for (1) Roma, Ashkali and Egyptian children and (2) children with special education needs.
As a Project Assistant you will:
- assist in the day-to-day implementation, preparation, organisation and follow-up of the project’s activities, completing all necessary arrangements in advance and in a timely manner;
- ensure the administrative and financial assistance and the organisational support for the project’s implementation;
- carry out the practical and logistical organisation of meetings, official journeys and other events;
- follow up on all administrative files and financial arrangements related to these events;
- organise travel, visa and accommodation in accordance with the project’s needs;
- deal with the reimbursement of travel and subsistence expenses;
- process purchase orders for a variety of contractual and administrative arrangements;
- process and draft correspondence, documents, presentations and assist in preparing reports;
- proofread and correct linguistic and grammatical errors within texts and documents; translate documents and texts related to project activities from/to English;
- check translations; organise the production, distribution and publication of documents in print version or online;
- receive, review and dispatch incoming correspondence, e-mails etc.;
- ensure the circulation of pertinent information and documents within the Office;
- record, maintain and update a variety of data (files, documents, statistics, data bases, web sites, information and documentation tools etc.);
- work in close contact with other internal and/or external counterparts to ensure the co-ordination of project activities;
- report to the supervisor on activities in progress and informs of any problems encountered;
- contribute to the efficient functioning of the Office, in collaboration with the Head of Office, the Deputy Head of Office and project management;
- carry out other tasks as may be required connected to the programme implementation;
- promote Council of Europe values internally and externally.
What we are looking for
As a minimum, you must:
- hold a completed full course of general secondary education, followed by a post-secondary qualification corresponding to a minimum of two years’ studies.
- have a minimum of 2 years of relevant professional experience relating to administrative or project support duties or similar;
- have a very good knowledge of one of the two Council of Europe’s official languages (English);
- be a citizen of the host country or one of the 46 member States of the Council of Europe;
- be under 65 years of age at the closing date of this vacancy notice.
Demonstrate to us that you have the following competencies:
- Professional and technical expertise:
- proven practical knowledge and experience of administrative duties;
- general knowledge and understanding of the activities of the Council of Europe;
- general knowledge and understanding of international co-operation activities;
- ICT skills: sound computer skills and experience using standard tools in office applications (word processing, presentations, outlook, spreadsheet, databases, internet publications);
- availability to travel
Deadline for applications is 07 June 2022 (midnight Paris time).
You can apply in English or French using the Council of Europe online application system on: www.coe.int/jobs. Please fill out the form providing all requested details and explain how your competencies make you the best candidate for this role. It usually takes a few hours to fill it in, so please take this information into consideration while applying.