Open to Internal and External Candidates
- Position Title : Project Assistant (Migrant Counselling)
- Duty Station : Pristina
- Classification : General Service, G4
- Type of Appointment : Special Fixed term, 6 months with possibility of extension
- Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
- Closing Date : 14 November 2021
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the direct supervision of the Project Coordinator and overall supervision of the Chief of Mission the incumbent will be responsible for the following tasks:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Provide accurate information to migrants in Kosovo related to routine migration laws and migrants’ rights and obligations in Kosovo through individual or groups counselling sessions, including during outreach activities and at migrant reception or registration places, and refer migrants to adequate services in line with established referral mechanisms and standard operating procedures.
- Inform migrants about IOM’s assisted voluntary return and reintegration programme and provide return counselling in line with IOM’s procedures and guidance
- Act as an informal translator/interpreter and facilitate communication and interaction between migrants, IOM and migration authorities and other relevant entities. Assist in identification of migrants’ needs.
- Assist in delivering services to migrants in a culturally sensitive way and keep the Project Coordinator and the Chief of Mission abreast of any new trends, issues and development that may affect the IOM’s programming and implementation of activities.
- Assist in, the implementation of Displacement Tracking Matrix, actively participate in outreach activities and migration flow monitoring in line with obtained guidance and with full respect of protection principles,
- Maintain and keep updated records on new migrant arrivals in Kosovo, record data in IOM database in accordance with IOM guidelines and principles.
- Carry out relevant duty travel within Kosovo as required.
- Prepare regular periodic and other reports as requested
- Perform any other tasks that may be assigned by the Project Coordinator or Chief of Mission.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- School diploma with three years of relevant experience; or,
- Bachelor’s degree in Political or Social Sciences, International Relations, Development Studies, Migration Studies, Human Rights, Law or related fields from an accredited academic institution with one years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in liaising with governmental authorities, national/international institutions, United Nations agencies and non-governmental organizations.
- Experience in working with migrants, refugees, internally displaced persons, victims of trafficking and other vulnerable groups; and,
- Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage.
- Knowledge of the broad range of migration related subject areas dealt with by the Organization; and,
- knowledge of legal framework on migration network
- Maintaining smooth and efficient day to day communication with IOM Pristina AVRR Unit; • Ability to mainstream protection principles in their work;
- Ability to work with people from different backgrounds and walks of life.
Fluency in Arabic, English and Albanian (oral and written).
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes. • Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
This post is subject to local recruitment. Only persons holding a valid residence and work permit for Kosovo will be eligible for consideration.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications – Personal History Form (klick here to download) and Cover Letter to IOMPristina@iom.int by 14 November 2021 midnight at the latest, referring to SVN 2021/20101 in the subject line.
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 29.10.2021 to 14.11.2021
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.