Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title: Project Assistant (Advocacy and Promotion)
Duty Station: Pristina, Kosovo
Classification: General Service Staff, Ungraded
Type of Appointment: Special Short term, 3 months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: June 24, 2021
Under the direct supervision of the Project Coordinator and the overall supervision of the Chief of mission, the incumbent will be responsible to:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the Project Coordinator to develop, plan, and implement media and promotion, work plan, campaigns, and other initiatives, in line with the project goals and
- Design, write, and edit a diverse range of promotion materials including publications, press releases, posts, social media content, and other material that communicate project’s activities and the Organization’s
- Assist in the development and distribution of promotional material in particular in social
- Develop and implement promotional plans aiming to increase visibility of IOM’s programmes and reaching out to target
- Conduct data entry and
- Report on success by monitoring key
- Organize media outreach activities and arrange media contacts for promotion and advocacy purposes; engage with local stakeholders to build and maintain strategic partnerships to leverage advocacy opportunities with respective local leadership and implementing
- Maintain record of media coverage, collect and collate data reporting on developments, trends and attitudes, and evaluate the impact of the advocacy and promotion campaign, as well as successes and
- Ensure project and donor visibility, reputation, and positioning on a local level, and coordinate publicity events as
- Support regular reporting of implemented activities to relevant stakeholders; assist Project Coordinator in drafting of narrative reports for programme donor and partners.
- Provide administrative and technical assistance with all relevant documents for the programme such as materials for donor visibility, official communications, press releases, fact sheets, beneficiary stories,
- Prepare the monthly report and submit to Project Coordinator for review and
- Liaise with media and other relevant stakeholders and promote project activities and
- In cooperation with project team, donor, and implementing partners design and implement media campaign for promoting social cohesion activities and social cohesion
- In cooperation with the Faculty of Philology and project team oversee and support the promotion of Language centre and campaign.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience Education
Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, International Relations, Public Relations, Communications and Marketing, Journalism, or related fields from an accredited academic institution with three years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in liaising with governmental authorities, national/international institutions, United Nations agencies and non-governmental organizations and,
- Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an
- Experience in a communications role on a national or international agency or
- Excellent social media skills and technical knowledge for media
- Excellent writing and editing
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including ability to work under time pressure and meet
- Very good organizational
Excellent written / oral knowledge of English, and Albanian, and/or Serbian languages. (Knowledge of both local languages is an advantage)
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
This post is subject to local recruitment. Only persons holding a valid residence and work permit for Kosovo will be eligible for consideration.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications – Personal History Form (klick here to download) and Cover Letter to IOMPristina@iom.int by June 24, 2021 midnight at the latest, referring to SVN 2021/XK1006 in the subject line.
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 10.06.2021 – 24.06.2021