- Work base: RYCO Local Branch Office in Kosovo, Pristina, Kosovo
- Expected beginning of the contract: September 15, 2020
- Duration of the contract: 4 months
RYCO is an intergovernmental organization that stewards and promotes regional, cross-border and intercultural cooperation within and among its six Western Balkan Contracting Parties: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia and Serbia. RYCO’s program focuses on creating opportunities for young people to engage in activities that build mutual understanding and reconciliation in the civic, social, educational, cultural, and sports domains. RYCO initiates and participates in policy making and advocates for reform. It supports the development of a political and social environment that empowers and facilitates youth exchange.
The Project Assistant will support the Project Coordinator in the implementation of the four- month advocacy project “Better Future Starts with Youth”, implemented by RYCO and supported by German Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The project will support development of new youth information platform (developed through consultations with youth and youth organizations, young journalists and students of journalism), organization of six launching events and six briefings with journalists in the Western Balkans, training program for group of students of journalism from six universities and promotional campaign. In addition to that, the Project Assistant will provide support to the Local Branch Office in Kosovo in implementation of the RYCO program and current projects activities.
- Assists Project Coordinator in the implementation of the advocacy project “Better Future Starts with Youth”, supports communication with project partners and beneficiaries, monitoring and reporting in the organization of key activities (consultation with youth, six launching events, six briefings with journalists, promotional campaign );
- Assists the Head of the Local Branch Office in Kosovo in implementing program activities of the Office in order to meet all the key requirements and goals set by the Strategic Plan and action plans of RYCO;
- Conducts administrative and technical tasks;
- Assists the Head of the Local Branch Office in Kosovo in planning and implementation of activities of RYCO;
- Collects general information related to the scope of work of RYCO (reports, publications, researches, strategic documents) and prepares materials as input for the design of RYCO program activities, and contribute to the visibility of RYCO, preparing content for RYCO’s external communication (pictures, videos, written contributions) in coordination with the team members in charge for visibility and project coordination;
- Performs other duties related to RYCO scope of work.
- Bachelor degree with minimum three (3) years of higher education;
- At least two (2) years of demonstrated experience in CSO sector and understanding of project management;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office;
- Experience and ability to work in intercultural environments;
- Good understanding of youth policy and youth work;
- Good understanding of the social/political context of the Western Balkan region;
- Ability to simultaneously work on multiple tasks;
- Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills;
- Time management skills and ability to prioritize work;
- Excellent problem-solving ability;
- Highly motivated, responsible, self-directed, resourceful and flexible;
- Proficient command of English;
- Previous experience in youth, intercultural and reconciliation related projects will be an asset.
Interested and qualified candidates need to enclose the following documents to the application:
- Application Form (Please indicate in your Application Form the position you are applying for);
- CV (Europass CV format);
- Scanned copy of higher education degree;
- Scanned passport copy;
- One recommendation
The Application Form, the recommendation letter and the Europass CV must be in English. Additional documents will be required for shortlisted candidates.
Applications can be submitted by e-mail only.
If you are interested to apply for this position and you fulfill all the criteria, please send your application containing all necessary documents by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 11 September 2020.