Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title: Project Assistant
Duty Station: Pristina
Classification: General Service Staff, Ungraded
Type of Appointment: Special Fixed term, 6 months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: December 23, 2020
Established in 1951, IOM is a related agency of the United Nations, and as the leading UN Agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the direct supervision of the Project Coordinator and the overall supervision of the Chief of mission, the incumbent will be responsible to:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Provide support to the Project Coordinator in facilitating communication with and coordinated delivery of activities alongside programme partners;
- Assist in preparing all relevant documentation to enable timely delivery and proper implementation of the
- Monitor implementation of project activities, ensuring that interventions have been implemented according to approved plans and contractual obligations, and provide guidance to language experts and Implementing partner, suggest corrective actions, and if needed, provide support in the drafting of narrative and financial reports to be in line with IOM rules and
- Collect, compile data and draft stocktaking reports including fact and figures, lessons learnt and
- Support regular reporting of implemented activities to donor agency and stakeholders; assist the Project Coordinator in drafting of narrative reports for programme donor and
- Provide administrative and technical assistance with all relevant documents for the programme such as materials for donor visibility, official communications, press releases, fact sheets, beneficiary stories,
- Support logistical arrangements for meetings and public events organized in the framework of the programme, including stakeholder meetings, field monitoring visits, conferences, beneficiaries fair, and other public
- Update and maintain relevant databases and filing system (both hard and soft copies) and extract draft charts and statistics as requested by the Project Coordinator.
- Each month prepare the monthly report and submit to the Project Coordinator for review and
- Perform other related duties as
- School diploma with three years of relevant experience; or,
- Bachelor’s degree in Political or Social Sciences, International Relations, Development Studies, Migration Studies, Human Rights, Law or related fields from an accredited academic institution with one years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in liaising with governmental authorities, national/international institutions, United Nations agencies and non-governmental organizations and,
- Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including ability to work under time pressure and meet
- Very good organizational
- Working knowledge of MS Office and social media platforms
Excellent written / oral knowledge of English, Albanian and/or Serbian languages.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
This post is subject to local recruitment. Only persons holding a valid residence and work permit for Kosovo will be eligible for consideration.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications – Personal History Form (klick here to download) and Motivation Letter to IOMPristina@iom.int by 23 December 2020 midnight at the latest, referring to CFA 2020/20079854 in the subject line.
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 08.12.2020 to 23.12.2020