As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives. It provides viable, forward-looking solutions for political, economic, ecological and social development in a globalised world. GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis. For more information see: www.giz.de
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, project Youth, Employment and Skills (YES) is seeking to fill the position of:
Project Advisor for Cooperative Vocational Education and Training
The overall purpose of the post
The project advisor will be in charge to support the overall planning, implementation and monitoring of the project activities relating to the Vocational Education and Training (VET) component of the YES project in Kosovo (including the North), in close consultation with the GIZ project team and counterparts.
Main task and responsibilities
The project advisor will be responsible for:
- Provision of advisory services and technical assistance to private and public stakeholders in matters relating to the improvement of vocational education and training (VET) system in Kosovo
- Development, implementation and supervision of targeted training programmes and advisory services for VET stakeholders, with particular emphasis on selected public and private VET institutions supported by the project in their efforts to strengthen collaboration with individual businesses and business membership associations in the implementation of cooperative VET programmes
- Organizing of and participating in meetings, workshops, study visits, and capacity development measures as scheduled by the project
- Facilitation and documentation of workshops, round tables, seminars and meetings with stakeholders on the municipal and national levels
- Elaboration of studies and concept papers for policy advice addressed to the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology and its subordinated bodies
- Context-sensitive implementation of the concepts and tools developed as part of the project instructions.
The advisor performs the following tasks:
- supports the project team in improving private sector engagement in the VET system of Kosovo, in particular by strengthening the capacity of public and private VET providers to engage with business membership organizations (e.g. chambers, industry associations, business clubs) and their members in the implementation of revised curricula, and VET programmes aligned with labour market needs
- supports the project team to develop and implement capacity development programmes for national and local VET stakeholders to better implement cooperative vocational training measures
- supports the project team in planning and implementing potential public-private-partnerships
- prepares, facilitates and documents workshops, round tables, seminars and meetings with different stakeholders on the local and central level, in cooperation with other GIZ team members and project partners
- drafts and/or quality assures studies and concept papers
- participates in the meetings of the project team as scheduled by the project manager
Networking and cooperation
- Actively mobilizes and organizes local stakeholder groups involving VET institutions, private sector, public sector and civil society relevant to the VET system
- Maintains good working relationships with public and private stakeholders in the sector and the project locations (especially on a local and regional level)
- Assists in increasing the visibility and outreaching of vocational education and training opportunities and services in the project areas through online media or other formats
- Compiles the relevant information for joint activities and assignments
- Coordinates relevant project activities in consultation with the project team and cooperation with project partners, implementing agencies and other donor agencies
- Supports the project team in the steering of and communicating with consultants
- Assists in monitoring and evaluation activities ensure that the GIZ project team is kept up to date on current developments on the local and regional level
- Assists in preparing the appropriate inputs for various technical and project progress reports
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or equivalent professional certificate in vocational education and training, e.g. business education and educational management, or a related subject.
- Prior learning in a dual vocational education and training context with certification will be an asset.
- At least 3 years of professional experience (after awarding of a university degree) in the field of vocational education and training and/or private sector development, ideally with a history in a private sector position (company training manager, VET advisor of a private sector industry association, in-company trainer, manager/trainer of a private training institution).
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Analytical skills, experience in the private sector and/or employment analysis is an asset
- Very good communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to work under pressure and in a sensitive political environment
- Advanced ICT application skills (beyond MS Office standard applications)
- Teamwork spirit
- Interest and sensitivity to work in a multi-ethnic environment
- Excellent analytical report writing skills in English and local languages
- Readiness for frequent travelling and working in the whole area of Kosovo
- Very good knowledge of English; knowledge of German is an added value
Location: GIZ Project Office-Pristina
Expected start date: August 2020
How to apply?
Interested and, suitably qualified and experienced candidates are invited to submit their electronic application in English, in PDF version, to email@example.com
- CV (Europass template is recommended)
- Letter of motivation
- Diploma(s), references/recommendations
- Subject of the email: Name & Surname – Project Advisor – GIZ YES project
Applications that do not meet these rules will not be considered!
Deadline for the application: 26 July 2020
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited to the next stage of recruitment.
GIZ encourages female candidates, candidates from ethnic communities as well as candidates with disability to apply.