Association of Paraplegics and Paralyzed Children of Kosovo – HANDIKOS announcement a position for Project Administrative assistant, within the project ”Promoting inclusiveness and outreach of the consultative processes for governance and public administration reforms in the disability sector at Local, National and Regional Level”, which is supported by EU.
The bidders are welcome to submit their application electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or physically through an envelope to the address: Dardania 4 / 7lam.D‑2 Prishtina, until 22.06.2021, by 16 pm.
Below you can find the terms of reference for this position:
HandiKOS (Association of Paraplegics and Paralyzed Children of Kosovo) was established in 1983 with the main objective to achieve full recognition and participation of people with disabilities in society. HandiKOS actively lobbies and advocates at local and central level for the rights of people with disabilities. The goal is to create an enabling and inclusive environment through increasing employment opportunities, improving access to education, including PWDs in social welfare and social security schemes and improving physical accessibility.
Description of the project
HandiKOS, in partnership with Disability Partnership Finland, and Threshold (Finish NGO’s) and Kosovo Association of Deaf & Kosovo Association of Blind, is currently implementing the EU funded project named “Promoting inclusiveness and outreach of the consultative processes for governance and public administration reforms in the disability sector at Local, National and Regional level – Inclusive Kosovo”. Implementing Partners based on their extensive experience and proven background in working with persons with disabilities (PWDs), through this project aim to: Strengthen the capacity of different levels of government to draft, review and implement disability inclusive legislation; increase the awareness of the government at central and local levels on accessibility; Strengthen the dialogue between DPOs and the government at local and national level; Increase organizational capacities, and the knowledge of DPOs and their networks on advocacy, media relations and accessibility aiming to improve their joint advocacy and strengthen partnerships aiming to empower and include PWDs in Kosovo society. For this purpose, we are seeking experienced, enthusiastic and dedicated individuals, to join our team in HandiKOS as: Project Administrative assistant.
Duties and responsibilities:
The project administrative assistant will be responsible to:
- Perform logistics requirements including travel management, organizing workshops and meeting arrangements for National Advocacy Coordinators;
- Responsible to ensure that procurement and financial procedures are respected and documented to highest quality and ensures that all EU rules, Guidelines and other country regulations are fully met;
- Initiates and assists in the preparation of comments and recommendations during public consultations on draft laws and various draft acts;
- Monitors the implementation of the legal framework related to the field of disability;
- Responsible to gather and analyze all relevant Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning instruments for the action;Assist with the daily management of project paying particular attention to maintaining good working relationships and adherence to budgets and timescales;
- Supporting the Overall coordinator in preparation and implementation of the annual action plan;
- Assisting in implementation of approved advocacy related action plan;
- Mobilizing communities and encouraging participation in activities;
- Assisting in monitoring of the implementation of the action interventions;
- Organize and manage various visibility activities;
- Maintain and manage the information published on the organization’ website and other social medias;
- Assisting the Overall Coordinator and Finance Manager in preparing timely and high quality monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports;
- Helping to raise public awareness on issues relevant to the community;
- Recruiting and training, interns and voluntary staff;
- Planning, attending and coordinating meetings and events;
- Contribute actively for the institutional memory; Other project tasks as required;
- University Degree in Legal or Social Sciences;
- Knowledge on Human Rights;
- Preferable previous work experience within civil society, especially in organizations protecting and promoting human rights in similar positions;
- Preferable previous experience in working for EU funded projects implemented by local CSO’s is an asset;
- Understanding of the local administrative setting, including decentralized governance and management at this level;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Excellent ability to work under pressure and to maintain deadlines;
- Excellent knowledge of English and Albanian language, and computer literacy, Serbian language and other EU languages are considered an asset);
Application: Interested candidates can apply via mail by submitting a short Motivation Letter, CV and related references to: email@example.com at the latest on: 22 of June 2021, 16.00 PM. Only short listed candidates will be invited for interviews.