- Requisition ID: FIE000001
- Contract Type: International Secondment
- Grade: S1
- Location: OSCE Mission in Kosovo, Mitrovice / Mitrovica
- Posting Date: Jun 15, 2021
- External Closing Date: Jul 26, 2021
- Target Start Date: Sep 1, 2021
- Job Type: Seconded
- Job Level: Professional
- Employee Status: Fixed Term
- Schedule: Full-time
- Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (First-level university degree or equivalent
General Minimum Requirements
- Excellent physical condition
- Possession of a valid automobile driving license and ability to drive using manual transmission
- Ability to cope with physical hardship and willingness to work extra hours and in an environment with limited infrastructure
Field of Expertise Requirements
- First-level university degree in political sciences, social sciences, international relations, public policy, law or equivalent professional experience
- Work experience in either public administration, relevant international organizations, civic associations (including NGOs), political parties/affairs, or economic and political development
- Demonstrable organizational, communication, analytical and interpersonal skills
Level of Professional Competence Requirements
- First-level university degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years of relevant professional experience including minimum 1 year in a relevant field strongly preferred
Mission Specific Requirements
Additionally, this particular post has specific requirements:
- Frist-level university degree in public administration, political science or similar relevant field;
- International field work experience in monitoring, reporting and policy-making;
- Proven experience in project cycle management;
- Knowledge of and experience in good governance principles and familiarity with the European Charter of Local Self Government;
- Knowledge of and experience in democratization issues, including local governance, media and public participation in decision making, in particular with women, youth, and civil society in developing/transitional countries;
- Staff management experience and team-building ability;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Ability to produce analytical reports, very good report writing skills;
- Professional fluency in the English language;
- Interpersonal and diplomatic skills;
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work as a member of a team, with people of different cultural and religious backgrounds, different gender, and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity;
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and judgment to local conditions and communities;
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure and with limited time frames;
- Political awareness and understanding;
- Ability to operate windows applications, including word processing and e-mail;
- Valid driving license obtained at least two years ago;
- International work experience and/or experience in field missions, preferably in the South Eastern European area;
- Experience in negotiation/mediation and/or capacity-building with municipal authorities;
- Knowledge of the regional political situation and legal system of the mission area.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Democratization Officer and the overall supervision of the Regional Centre Director, the incumbent is an integral member of the Field Support Section within the Regional Centre Mitrovicë/Mitrovica. The Programme Officer will be responsible for:
- In close coordination with the Governance Section, pro-actively monitoring and building the capacities of municipal institutions, assessing/evaluating developments in the field of democratization accompanied by remedial action when appropriate. This includes reporting, project development and implementation as well as other forms of assistance or advice, aiming to improve compliance with principles of good governance;
- Supporting the Senior Democratization Officer in coordinating the work of the Field Support Section and Governance Section in the Regional Centre Mitrovicë/Mitrovica, and ensuring close cooperation and coordination with Democratization Department HQ.
- Providing programmatic support to the Field Support Section and the Governance section operating in the Regional Centre Mitrovicë/Mitrovica, and ensuring overall cooperation and coordination between colleagues in the Regional Centre.
- Regularly meeting local counterparts to exchange and gather information on good governance issues; assessing and reporting on developments, successes and concerns regarding compliance with good governance principles;
- Identifying key governance related issues in the incumbent's Area of Responsibility and when deemed necessary following up with analytical reporting, including recommendations to the Departments and Regional Centre Senior management; developing and implementing projects on regional level; and evaluating impact and achievements;
- Drafting policy recommendations that address specific good governance issues/concerns;
- Contributing to the reporting and to periodical analytical reports of the Departments;
- Performing other duties as required.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Mission in Kosovo, please see: https://www.osce.org/mission-in-kosovo
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages the nomination of qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds. Please note that nationals or permanent residents of the country of the duty station are not eligible to apply.
Candidates should be aware that OSCE officials shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding any action which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality of their position and function as officials of the OSCE. The OSCE is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. For more information on the values set out in OSCE Competency Model, please see https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/our-competency-model.
Candidates should, prior to applying, verify with their respective nominating authority to which extent financial remuneration and/or benefit packages will be offered.
Please apply to your relevant authorities well in advance of the deadline expiration to ensure timely processing of your application. Delayed nominations will not be considered. The OSCE can only process Secondment applications that have been nominated by participating States. For queries relating to your application, please refer to the respective delegation as listed here: https://www.osce.org/contacts/delegations.