Solidar Suisse fights for decent work, democratic participation, and social justice worldwide. On behalf of our donors, we put solidarity into action in over 60 projects on four continents. In Southeast Europe, Solidar Suisse seeks to strengthen civic participation and workers’ rights and to enhance youth employability.
To complement our competent team in the regional office in Kosovo we are looking for a:
Programme Manager 100% (Youth Employability)
You are responsible for the professional management of the programme component “youth employability”. In close cooperation with our partner organisations you implement the projects promoting work-based learning and vocational orientation in the Peja region. Together with local representatives of the education system and the private sector, you advocate for the sustainable anchoring of the progress achieved in the projects. Furthermore, you actively contribute to the successful strategic development of Solidar Suisse’ overall programme in Southeast Europe and support the acquisition of additional projects.
- Several years of experience in project management including monitoring and evaluation, financial management and reporting.
- Good knowledge of the education system in Kosovo, particularly in the field of vocational training and vocational orientation
- Knowledge of education policy in Kosovo and the corresponding development and reform projects, as well as the actors involved.
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills.Knowledge of the Serbian language is an advantage.
- Experience in dealing with various stakeholders (public authorities, private sector, schools) and ability to facilitate in a multi-stakeholder environment.
- Experience in participating in international project tenders and in developing successful project concepts and writing projects proposals.
- Knowledge of development cooperation in the fields of civic participation, promotion of labour rights and social inclusion, and willingness to engage in these areas.
- An interesting, wide-ranging field of activity in a lively organisation with a lot of dynamism and an open organisational culture
- Progressive employment conditions
- Workplace in a central location in the city of Peja, and partly in our office facilities in the centre of Pristina.
If you are enthusiastic about this challenging job in a motivated team, we look forward to receiving your application (CV preferable EU Pass and Motivation Letter).
Please send your documents by e-mail by Monday, September 23rd 2020 at the latest to firstname.lastname@example.org