Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title: Programme Coordinator
Duty Station: Pristina, Kosovo
Classification: General Service, G6
Type of Appointment: Special Fixed term, 6 months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 04 February 2021
Established in 1951, IOM is a related agency of the United Nations, and as the leading UN Agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the direct supervision the Chief of Mission, and in close cooperation with the Regional Project Management site, the successful candidate will be responsible for the successful implementation and overall coordination of the project portfolio of the Prevention of Violent Extremism (PVE) programme in Kosovo, and the provision of the following duties and responsibilities:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assist in planning, organizing, supervising, monitoring and analysing the overall coordination and administration of the project activities, as well ensure meeting of timely project delivery obligations, in line with IOM procedures and donor requirements.
- Assist in managing the overall implementation of the PVE programmes to guarantee that scope, budget, time and quality are in accordance with the different project’s specifications, donor requirements and IOM rules and regulations;
- Supervise PVE staff and the overall work, including overseeing their wider activities throughout Kosovo as well as consultants and contractors recruited to support and/or undertake specific
- Liaise effectively with donors at local and regional levels in order to ensure good relationship aimed to strengthen the PVE programme in Kosovo and the Western Balkans.
- Participate in meetings and conferences; maintain effective liaison and coordination with local authorities, partners, United Nation agencies, intergovernmental and non- governmental organizations, donors and other stakeholders relevant to the
- Draft and ensure timely and quality preparation and submissions of draft reports according to IOM and donor formats as required. Draft regular updates, programme summaries, press releases and other relevant info materials and statistics, according to the specific project’s
- Direct and oversee monitoring activities in order to generate data and inform, identify in advance implementation challenges, formulate solutions and ensure the timely delivery of activities and services within the designated
- Undertake regular travel in Kosovo and the region, to coordinate, evaluate and improve the planning, programming, implementation and monitoring of projects;
- Implement visibility actions related to IOM Kosovo projects and activities, and develop beneficiary profiles and success stories to highlight via social media;
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- School diploma with six years of relevant experience; or,
- Bachelor’s degree in Political or Social Sciences, International Relations, Development Studies, Migration Studies, Human Rights, Law or related fields from an accredited academic institution with four years of relevant professional
- Previous experience in the field of prevention of violent extremism and community stabilization;
- Experience in coordinating simultaneous implementation of programmes and ability to establish and maintain working relations with government counterparts, UN agencies, donors;
- Superior knowledge and experience in the field of project management, prevention of violent extremism and the Kosovo and regional contexts;
- Experience in monitoring and evaluating programme effectiveness, and project reporting;
- Field experience in a complex humanitarian emergency or post-conflict environment;
- Demonstrable professional experience and familiarity with conflict dynamics and reconciliation/peace building activities in Kosovo and Western Balkans;
- Professional experience with international organizations active in relevant fields;
- Strong analytical and reporting skills;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Excellent writing and analytical skills;
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from different multi-ethnic and racial backgrounds is essential;
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills, with emphasis on ability to communicate and relate to a variety of stakeholders;
- Strong teamwork, ability to work under supervision;
- Knowledge in preparation of statistical charts, tables and
- Proficient in MS Office;
- Works well under pressure and meets tight
- Meticulous attention to detail.
Fluency in English, Albanian and Serbian (oral and written)
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational
Managerial competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Leadership: Provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision. Assists others to realize and
- Empowering others & building trust: Creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking & vision: Works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
This post is subject to local recruitment. Only persons holding a valid residence and work permit for Kosovo will be eligible for consideration.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications – Personal History Form (klick here to download) and Cover Letter to IOMPristina@iom.int by 04 February 2021 midnight at the latest, referring to 2020/20061999 in the subject line.
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 21.01.2021 to 04.02.2021