- Issued by: OSCE Mission in Kosovo
- Requisition ID: FIE00000E
- Contract Type: Local Contracted
- Grade: G5
- Job Level: General Services
- Job Type: Contracted
- Number of posts: 1
- Location: OSCE Mission in Kosovo, Gjilan / Gnjilane
- Posting Date: Apr 27, 2022
- Closing Date: May 25, 2022
- Employee Status: Fixed Term
- Schedule: Full-time
- Education Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
- Job Field: Democratization
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Senior Democratization Officer and the overall supervision of the Regional Centre Director, the incumbent provides programmatic assistance and language services in support of programmatic activities to the counterparts of the Field Support section. This includes local and government institutions including the Assembly of Kosovo, independent institutions, and Electoral Management bodies. The incumbent:
- Searches for information and background documentation required by the supervisor(s), and other relevant colleagues in the Section as requested; drafts activity/spot reports and correspondence in English or Albanian/Serbian on the basis of instructions received from supervisor(s) and/or independently, if needed; prepares summaries of relevant meetings, documents; liaises and cooperates with section project management staff and staff in Department of Administration and Support;
- Assists in the preparation, implementation, and monitoring of project activities through progress reports and evaluation, follows the progress of activities, deadlines, and milestones; attends meetings and takes minutes; conducts workshops, provides inputs to trainings, carries out surveys, analyses quantitative and qualitative data;
- Reviews and analyses documents and provides substantive, relevant comments to the Senior Democratization Officer, and other relevant colleagues in the Section. The incumbent provides support to the counterparts, performing process analysis, quantitative and qualitative assessment of organizational structures, regulatory frameworks, assists to identify gaps and entry points for optimization and to formulate recommendations;
- Interprets (consecutively and simultaneously) for the supervisor(s) and other Section colleagues from English into Albanian and Serbian and vice versa. Translates texts and documents of various kinds (reports and legal texts including laws, decrees, administrative decisions, incoming and outgoing both official and informal communications) that are relevant to the work of the supervisor(s). Accompanies the supervisor(s) to provide interpretation services during meetings, conferences, seminars, roundtable meetings, etc. Prepares minutes and reports on those events, as requested;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Mission in Kosovo, please see: http://www.osce.org/mission-in-kosovo
- Completed secondary education supplemented by formal studies in administration, project management or languages;
- Minimum four years of project management experience with practical experience in translation/interpretation, preferably in an international setting;
- Project support experience and practical experience in translation/interpretation;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, and in local languages;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
- Ability and willingness to work as a member of team, with people of different cultural, and religious backgrounds, different gender, and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity;
- Computer literate with practical experience using Microsoft applications.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 1084.00 Euro/month. Social benefits will include participation in the OSCE Group Insurance Plan (Health, Life, Accidental Disability and Temporary Incapacity Insurance) and the OSCE Provident Fund. Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://vacancies.osce.org/.
Applicants are encouraged to use the online recruitment and only fully completed OSCE applications will be accepted. However, if you have technical difficulties with the system you may use the offline application form found under https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/offline-application-form and forward the completed form quoting the vacancy number by e-mail to: Recruitment.OMiK@osce.org. Kindly note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form or in languages other than the English language shall not be considered.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise/re-post the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only those candidates who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Candidates should be aware that OSCE officials shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding any action which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality of their position and function as officials of the OSCE. The OSCE is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. For more information on the values set out in OSCE Competency Model, please see https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/our-competency-model.
Please note that for this position the OSCE does not reimburse expenses such as travel in connection with interviews, tests, visas and relocation.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.