Host Entity UNMIK
Duty Station Pristina (KOS)
Language Skills English
Start Date 01 July 2021
Duration until 30 June 2022 with possibility of extension
Application Deadline 07 June 2021
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Description of task
The Programme and Information Management Officer will be embedded in the Office of the Chief of Staff (OCOS) which ensures the integrated and coherent functioning of UNMIK across all areas and components. OCOS oversees the core mechanisms and processes that enable the integrated delivery of the Mission’s mandate, in particular strategic planning, policy and coordination, senior-level decision-making, programmatic activities and information management. The Chief of Staff provides guidance on UN policies and procedures and coordinates the development and implementation of cross-cutting issues and management policies among the various components of the Mission.
The Programme and Information Management Officer will report to the Chief of Staff. He/ She will be part of the programme management and planning team, and will undertake the following tasks:
- Provide support to the planning, implementation, and reporting on the Mission’s projects for programmatic activities through the review of relevant documents and reports; identify problems and issues to be addressed and initiates corrective actions; liaise with relevant parties; ensure follow-up actions.
- Contribute to preparation of various written outputs, including draft background papers, analysis, sections of reports on programmatic activities and confidence building projects in the areas of trust building, gender, youth, human rights and justice.
- Provide support to organizing OCOS meetings, including programme activities coordination meetings and programmatic activities steering group meetings and other strategic planning related meetings, send invitations, take notes, prepare presentations as necessary.
- Support the planning team in soliciting and consolidating input for key strategy documents and plans. Follow up with substantive sections on input received and ensure timely feedback.
- Assist with the development, organisation and maintenance of the O/COS sharepoint, particularly documentation related to programmatic activities
- Assist with the retrieval, compilation and presentation of all documentation required for regular Audit visits to the Mission
- Support information management and the production of communication material.
- Serve as an information management focal point on the substantive side of the Mission
- In collaboration with personnel working within the Communications and Information Technology Service (CITS) and the Office of Strategic Communications and Public Affairs (OSCPA) Section, ensure regular updating of the Mission intranet site as a tool for internal information sharing (iSeek), by conducting research and proposing substantive content to the Chief of Staff;
- Ensure that Mission procedures relating to the handling of information and processing of correspondence are kept up to date, and assist with the drafting and circulation of documents for dissemination to Mission personnel whenever requested to do so;
- Perform any other related duties as directed by the Chief of Staff.
Required degree level: Master degree or equivalent
Education - Additional Comments:
- A Master’s degree in Social Science, Management, Political Science or related fields in combination with 5 years of experience.
Required experience: 60 Months
- At least 5 years of experience in programme/ project management, planning, M&E or related fields.
- Experience in usage of Power BI, production of graphics and visuals, and other internet applications and programmes, including MS teams.
- Experience in United Nations, INGOs, field or peacekeeping operations is highly desirable.
- Experience and/or knowledge of information management, communications is highly desirable.