Position: Program Officer
NDI Kosovo seeks a program officer with experience in program managing and training to support activities with political parties and the National Assembly of Kosovo. The program officer will work with the team to develop and conduct training, consultation and assistance to parties, parliamentarians, women and youth, and communities. The program officer reports to the Program Manager and is expected to work remotely for a period of time.
Activities under this program will focus on providing assistance in managing certain program components which will support and assist in organizing skills building sessions with women and youth, as well as political party officials. The program is based in Prishtina, with travel throughout Kosovo, as appropriate.
- Assist in the management of the overall implementation of NDI’s program in Kosovo
- Develop analysis on political participation of women, youth and other marginalized groups in political processes
- Assist and develop activities for political parties and National Assembly with consultations and trainings
- Design and manage the implementation of a program components including budgets and work plans
- Draft and/ or edit agendas, terms of reference, briefing materials, and trainer reports for training and conferences.
- Maintain regular communication with partners.
- Assist in liaising with local stakeholders engaged in similar work.
- Report on program activity, conduct performance evaluation and revise program design as needed.
- Interpretation of conversations and translation of materials and documents for program activities.
- Provide support for training and conferences and other events.
- Assist in providing program reports.
- Other tasks as required.
- Minimum bachelor degree in social science or equivalent experience
- Minimum two years of relevant work experience
- Excellent oral and written Albanian and English language skills, including interpretation and translation
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Kosovo political situation - preferred
- Detail oriented; Self-motivated; Flexible
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills to effectively present information in a clear and persuasive manner
- Analytical skills for interpreting complex political issues
Successful applicants should submit a cover letter, CV/resume and contacts of minimum two references via email at firstname.lastname@example.org before 11:59 pm, October 4th, 2020. No phone calls will be answered.