Job Category: Program
Requisition Number: PROGR02185
Posted: December 23, 2020
Every employee of IRI is responsible for carrying out the Mission of IRI and demonstrating the Core Values in their day to day operations. The Core Values, which are IRI’s foundational building blocks include:
Excellence- We believe in quality results delivered by investing in people. Freedom- We believe in exploration and experimentation to be agile and responsive. Respect- We believe in trust, empathy and empowering people. Teamwork- We believe in diversity, inclusion and the power of global collaboration. Transparency- We believe in open communication and clear decision-making. Accountability- We believe in personal responsibility as the foundation of success.
The Program Officer (PO) will support the Program Manager (PM) with the implementation of IRI programming in Kosovo by maintaining the engagement of political parties throughout implementation and assisting with logistical needs of major program activities. Additionally, the PO will work with the field and DC-based colleagues to ensure detailed performance monitoring and reporting, to provide results data and improve project implementation. The PO will work under the leadership and will follow the directions of the Resident Program Director (RPD). This position is based in Kosovo and the application deadline is January 6, 2021. Local Nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- University degree in political science, law, international relations or related field.
- Three-five-years of administrative/program experience in democratic governance and politics, preferably working in a political environment and directly with political parties, domestic or foreign civil society organizations/NGOs, and/or legislative bodies and officials.
- Working knowledge or background in public opinion research.
- Understanding/knowledge of Political parties, Government institutions, and Election Law in Kosovo.
- Ability to communicate skills and experience to others as a trainer, advisor, or technical consultant
- Sensitivity to working in an advisory role with local organizations.
- Has demonstrated strong initiative and mature political judgement.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills in English and local languages.
- Ability to translate.
- Ability to resolve recurring problems.
- Computer literate with practical experience with various software packages.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities
- Assists in developing Long Range Annual Plans;
- Assists in implementing Program Objectives;
- Identifies key players and partners;
- Develops and maintains contacts
- Political Parties (Leadership/Staff);
- Government Ministries and Staff;
- Elected officials;
- Other NGOs, International Organizations and Local Civic Organizations.
- Conducts in-depth assessments;
- Organizes and conducts training seminars;
- Prepares and gives presentations;
- Translates documents, meetings, presentations and seminars;
- Compiles and provides comprehensive activity reports;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors or better in Political Science or related field.
- 3-5 years: Three-five-years of administrative/program experience in democratic governance and politics, preferably working in a political environment and directly with political parties, domestic or foreign civil society organizations/NGOs, and/or legislative bodies and officials.