Action for Mothers and Children, AMC, is a non-for-profit foundation with the foremost goal to save the lives of children and improve the health care for mothers in the Republic of Kosovo through developing better systems for the care of pregnant women, and their children.
We believe that every child and mother have the right to a healthy life, regardless of where they are or what means they have. By developing and implementing programs that improve the health care of mothers and their infants, the number of children who die unnecessarily can be substantially decreased. We aim to focus on the development of sustainable, high quality, and capacity building health care programs for mothers and children in Kosovo.
The Program Officer plays a central role in the development and coordination of AMC programmatic activities. The Program Officer works independently and collaboratively with AMC staff to plan, manage, and implement activities in the following areas: health education programming, research and evaluation, advocacy programs, meeting design and coordination, grant/contract management, grant and report writing, and publications/materials development. Other responsibilities include supporting public relations & communications activities, serving as liaison and AMC representative at meetings, and establishing and maintaining partnerships to advance AMC’s mission.
WORK DUTIES MAY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Participate in long- and short-term program development and planning
- Prepare funding proposals and lead the program team in drafting project proposals
- Develop and effectively supervise program timelines to ensure timely completion of program deliverables
- Monitor implementation of program activities to ensure quality and accuracy of AMC work outcomes vis-à-vis contractual and grant commitments
- Facilitate small- and large-group meetings and trainings regarding program development, grant writing and/or strategic programmatic planning
- Develop publications, grant applications, and reports through collaborative writing and editing
- Track relevant activities in public health and related fields to inform AMC, its partners, and communities
- Identify opportunities for marketing/promoting programs and services of AMC
- Identify partnership and funding opportunities and promote relationship- building among AMC and other organizations, agencies, and/or individuals
- Develop written and online tools for programmatic use/evaluation including survey and evaluation instruments
- Serve as programmatic liaison to external partners, including representing AMC at national, regional and local meetings, as well as media
- Lead and supervise development of new projects and programs
- Supervise the day-to-day delivery of the program activities and services of the organization to maintain or improve quality of programmatic targets and goals
- Cultivate existing relationships with donors with the goal of ensuring sufficient resources and develops new donor relationships
- Supervise, manage and lead project staff/teams
- Approve financial and narrative donor reports as prepared by finance officer and/or responsible project staff. Prepare financial and narrative report for program under direct implementation.
- Represent AMC in the media, conferences and other public events as required and approved by the employer
- BA/BS Degree (at least), MD or other public health degrees (preferred)
- Strong skills in project writing and implementation
- Experience or academic background in a field related to public health
- Strong career interest in public health and mother and child health
- A strong understanding or potential for development for program management
- Ability to work with diverse individuals and groups on complex community issues
- Willingness to engage in continuous learning and training
- Demonstrated professional aptitude
- Fluently in English and Albanian
- Be highly-organized
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Teamwork skills and ability to work under pressure
Parallel to an attractive salary, AMC offers you a healthy workplace and you will have our full support if you want to further your own personal development.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a Motivation Letter to email@example.com with subject line “Application - Program Officer,” no later than May 9th, 2021.