Job Category: Program
Requisition Number: PROGR02184
Posted: December 23, 2020
Locations Kosovo, KOS
Every employee of IRI is responsible for carrying out the Mission of IRI and demonstrating the Core Values in their day to day operations. The Core Values, which are IRI’s foundational building blocks include:
Excellence- We believe in quality results delivered by investing in people. Freedom- We believe in exploration and experimentation to be agile and responsive. Respect- We believe in trust, empathy and empowering people. Teamwork- We believe in diversity, inclusion and the power of global collaboration. Transparency- We believe in open communication and clear decision-making. Accountability- We believe in personal responsibility as the foundation of success.
The Program Manager (PM) will be responsible for implementation and execution of IRI’s program activities in Kosovo. The PM will work under the leadership and will follow the directions of the Resident Program Director (RPD). The PM will participate in the design of new programs and will contribute to the development of program ideas. This position is based in Kosovo and the application deadline is January 6, 2021. Local Nationals strongly encouraged to apply.
- University degree in political science, law, international relations or related field.
- Five-seven years of program management experience in democratic governance and politics, preferably working in a political environment and directly with political parties, civil society organizations/NGOs, and/or legislative bodies and officials.
- Working knowledge or background in public opinion research.
- Solid knowledge of the politics, economics, history, and culture of Kosovo and the Balkans.
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills in English and Albanian or Serbian.
- Demonstrated experience working with USG funded projects and familiarity with USG regulations and processes.
- Demonstrated financial management experience in developing and administering program budgets.
- Ability to communicate skills and experience to others as a trainer, advisor, or technical consultant; sensitivity to working in advisory role with local organizations.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team to coordinate and lead the efforts of other professionals to effectively meet program goals.
- Willingness to travel in Kosovo a significant amount throughout the year.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities
- Responsible for implementation and execution of IRI’s program activities in Kosovo, including designing workshops curricula and leading workshops;
- Participates substantively in the design of new programs and contributes to the development of program ideas;
- Maintains and develops productive working relations with relevant stakeholders, political parties, representatives of state institutions, international organizations, consultants, and IRI’s national and D.C. team;
- Knowledgeable of and follows the ongoing developments in governance, political and civic area in Kosovo;
- Implements and monitors the budget and office expenses, in cooperation with the RPD, the program team in D.C. and the field and regional accountants;
- Assists in administrative duties, preparation of payments, mid-term and final financial reports of the program;
- Ensures implementation of the monitoring and evaluation plan;
- Compiles essential monitoring and evaluation data from programmatic activities and prepares the weekly reports, and assists the D.C. program team in preparing the quarterly, semi-annual, final and other relevant reports;
- Performs, organizational, logistical, procurement and administrative duties;
- Actively supports IRI’s communication strategy;
- Bachelors or better in Political Science or related field.
- 5-7 years: • Five-seven years of program management experience in democratic governance and politics, preferably working in a political environment and directly with political parties, civil society organizations/NGOs, and/or legislative bodies and officials