Job Title: Procurement Officer
Hours: 40 per week
Palace of Youth and Sports
Str Luan Haradinaj 35
10 000 Prishtina
Directly Responsible to: Business Coordinator
Period: 1 April – 30 November 2022
Remuneration: Commensurate with experience
Contract: Full-time, fixed term contract
Who we are
Manifesta, the European Nomadic Biennial, produces one of the world’s most influential art events. Manifesta rethinks the relations between culture and society by investigating and catalyzing positive social change in Europe through contemporary culture in dialogue with the social sphere of a specific place. Since 1996, the Manifesta biennial takes place in a different European city every two years. Manifesta 14 will take place during 2022, in Prishtina, Kosovo.
For the Business department at the Manifesta offices in Prishtina, Manifesta 14 is looking for a motivated and experienced Procurement Officer, starting 1 March 2022. The Business department is responsible for on managing the legal, fiscal and administrative processes of Manifesta, controlling the budget, the accounting process, and monitoring all legal aspects involved in the organization of the Biennial.
The Procurement Officer supports the work of the foundation with the procurement of supplies, services, and other requirements for all departments in accordance with the Manifesta Procurement protocol and local procedures. They provide an in-house service that effectively supports all business areas in their duty to comply with relevant laws and regulations and internal procedures. Work involves the preparation of bid specifications, bid openings, analyzing bids, preparing contracts, and monitoring their execution. The role oversees the maintenance of all procurement administration following Kosovo law and the requirements of donors.
They are line-managed by the Business Coordinator and works in close collaboration with the Manifesta team.
- To identify procurement needs in close collaboration with department colleagues
- Develop plans for purchasing services, and supplies
- Estimate and establish budgets for purchases
- Review all vendors and suppliers
- Maintain purchase records and other important data
- Negotiate pricing and supply contracts
- Ensure that the products and supplies meet quality standards
- Work with team members to complete duties as needed
- Make professional decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain and update a list of suppliers
- Ensures the Manifesta procurement protocol is observed throughout the organization.
- Works with management and staff to identify and manage risk.
- Ensures the organization has internal controls that adequately measure and manage risk.
- Safeguards the inclusion and observance of liability and health and safety regulations in all procurement contracts
- Implements, secures and follows, with the help of Business Coordinator, the procurement activities in all its legal and financial aspects: implementation of agreements, contracts, work time supervision etc.
- Organise and file all materials according to the Procurement protocol and the requirement of donors
- Prepare files and reports for management or donors as requested.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- The candidate has a degree of higher education or equivalent experience.
- Fluency in written and spoken Albanian and English;
- Experience in procurement administration, finance, legal and compliance procedures.
- IT skills in Office 365 and dropbox.
- Results oriented and able to work to strict deadlines;
- Ability to coordinate and monitor overlapping needs and timelines;
- Be able to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment;
- Attention to detail and care in administrative processes;
- Flexibility and ability to collaborate with team members across departments;
- Discretion with confidential information;
- A sense of humour…
All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, statusas an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. This policy applies to all conditions of employment including hiring. Manifesta operates under the Fair Practice Code of Solidarity, Trust, Sustainability, Diversity and Transparency which means Fair Chain, Fair Share and Fair Pay.
How to apply:
Please send your motivation and CV, both in English with the reference “Procurement Officer” to Kujtim Sermaxhaj by the 22 of March 2022.
Successful candidates will be invited to an interview.