Political Officer for the EUSR for the Belgrade-Pristina Dialogue and other Western Balkan regional issues based in Pristina
Application deadline is Friday 24 July 2020, 17:00 Brussels time. The email to send the application form (and CV) is: EUSR-DWB@eeas.europa.eu
- Position Title: Political Officer
- Direct Supervisor: Political Adviser
- Duty Station: Pristina
- Type of contract: Local hire – level and step to be determined based on experience
The Political Officer will be part of the EUSR team tasked to assist the European Union Special Representative for the Belgrade-Pristina Dialogue and other Western Balkan regional issues. S/he will work directly with the Pristina-based Political Adviser.
S/he will participate in the team's work with the competent authorities in Kosovo and liaise closely with a broad range of different actors, stakeholders and partners in Kosovo.
S/he will work closely with the EUSR/EU office in Kosovo and liaise with relevant staff from EEAS, Commission as well as of the EU Delegation in Belgrade.
The Political Officer will perform his/her tasks under the overall supervision of the EUSR represented by the Political Adviser.
1. Main tasks and responsibilities
- Supports, assists and advises the Pristina-based Political Adviser, and the broader EUSR team on Dialogue-related issues and other Western Balkan regional issues, as appropriate;
- Supports and assists the facilitation and supervision of the implementation of arrangements and results achieved in the EU-facilitated Dialogue between Pristina and Belgrade;
- Conducts political analysis and reporting/ briefings on issues related to current political developments in Kosovo and particularly on thematic issues linked to the Dialogue;
- Monitors local media and prepares regular briefings and undertakes desk research on a variety of issues linked to the Dialogue;
- Prepares other reports on relevant issues, as appropriate;
- Supports and assists the implementation of EU-financed projects related to the Dialogue;
- Liaises closely and regularly with a broad range of different Kosovo-based actors, stakeholders and partners, in close coordination with the broader EUSR team;
- Liaises with the EU Office/ EUSR in Kosovo as well as other EU institutions and offices, missions and international partners with a view of ensuring clear communication and broad consultative and inclusive process;
- Undertakes any other tasks as required.
2. Job requirements
- University degree in Political Sciences, International Relations, Public or Business Administration/Management, Law or other relevant field;
- At least 6 - 8 years of professional experience, preferably in a political / international context;
- A thorough understanding of the political situation in Kosovo;
- Good drafting skills with a proven track record in political reporting and analysis;
- Good knowledge of the European Union policies and institutions,
- Diligent, discreet and willing to handle sensitive information;
- Excellent organisational interpersonal and communications skills;
- Ability to maintain high quality of input in a stressful working environment and to meet deadlines within a strict schedule;
- Ability to work independently but also as part of a team;
- Excellent knowledge of English both oral and written and fluency in Albanian is required. Proficiency in Serbian is an asset but not a requirement;
- Flexibility to travel throughout Kosovo;
- In possession of a valid civilian driver licence for motor vehicles (Category B or equivalent).