External Call for Applications 3-2020 for local staff
EULEX Kosovo is inviting qualified candidates to apply for its currently vacant Local Staff position of Political Officer.
The overview of the advertised vacant positions with the job descriptions can be found in the following link: Job Description
The Deadline for Application is 13 November 2020 at 17:00 hrs. CET
Title: Political Officer
Ref. no: LS0009
The Political Officer reports to the Political Advisor.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To advise, support and assist the Political Advisor with political activities relevant to the Mission;
- To monitor political developments in Kosovo and in the region that may impact on the work of the Mission and provide analysis;
- To monitor and advise on improper political influence on Rule of Law institutions;
- To prepare summaries and reports on political issues as requested;
- Maintain contact with and monitor actions by governmental officials, representatives of local and international organisations regarding issues of concern to the Mission;
- To assist with organising official visits according to established protocol;
- To undertake any other tasks required on behalf of the Political Advisor.
- A University degree (three years) in Political Science, International Relations, Diplomacy, Law, Social Sciences or in any other relevant field;
- A minimum of three (3) years of relevant work experience;
- Fluency in written and spoken English essential;
- Knowledge of Albanian or Serbian is Knowledge of an additional Kosovo local language would be an advantage;
- Excellent knowledge of Kosovo institutions and thorough understanding of the social and political context;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Ability to present information in a clear and relevant manner and provide innovative ideas about a relevant subject (e.g. ability to write clear, concise reports and summaries of meetings);
- Ability to perform under stress; willingness to work flexible working hours; good multi-tasking and organisational skills;
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills, as well as respect for national and cultural diversity;
- Ability to deal with sensitive information discreetly and confidentially;
- Valid driving licence of B category.