RFE/RL's Balkan service announces a selection process for a Podcast Producer to join our team in Prishtina bureau. The Podcast Producer is responsible for all aspects of audio production: scheduling, recording, assembling, mixing, and publication of podcast episodes, radio programs.
- Audio production: scheduling, recording, assembling, mixing, and publication of podcast episodes, radio programs.
- Incorporates feedback from the team.
- Finalizes technical aspects of podcasts and radio programs.
- Manage the production schedule of shows (theme selection, scripts, recording…).
- Responsible for the final check as each episode goes live on platforms.
- Communicate regularly and in a timely manner with the team.
- Collaborate with the bureau team to plan the arc of podcast seasons.
- Help build and shape an expanding portfolio of podcasts within our team.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
- University education in journalism or related field or the equivalent in experience is preferred.
- 2-3 years of audio production experience working in radio or podcasting.
- Strong audio editing skills and experience with audio editing software
- Knowledge of best practices for multi-track audio editing
- Abilities to produce short and long form content
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure
- Ability to maintain high attention to detail in a fast paced environment
- Experience recording in a studio setting as well as in the field
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Broadcast language is mandatory.
- English language (spoken and written), strongly desired.