Job no: 537459
Contract type: Consultancy
Categories: Monitoring and Evaluation, Consultancy
Title: Planning and Monitoring Consultant
Consultant sourcing: National Consultant
Place: Prishtina / Kosovo
Requesting Section: Child Rights Monitoring
Duration of assignment: 25 Jan – 30 June 2021
Purpose of Activity/Assignment:
In line with efforts to streamline national planning and coordination, Kosovo institutions developed for the first time the National Development Agenda covering the period of 2016-2021. The agenda provides overarching national priorities for sustainable development and sets objectives outlining key national priorities. UNICEF provided technical assistance to the Strategic Planning Office within the Office of the Prime Minister (SPO/OPM) for the implementation of the NDS (2016-2021) roadmap and reporting on the progress made and results achieved in 2018, especially in the context of NDS contribution to Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
In May 2020, the SPO/OPM developed the proposal for the roadmap of the new NDS and assessed the lessons learned during the preparation of the first NDS during 2015-2016. The NDS 2030 aims to establish a greater linkage of the NDS with the sectoral strategies to ensure better streamlining in implementation of national priorities. To this end, the UNICEF Kosovo Office is providing technical assistance to the SPO/PMO to support the development of the NDS 2030, ensure it is designed based on evidence, and adequately streamlines the child rights agenda
Scope of Work:
Under the overall supervision of the Child Rights Monitoring Specialist and the Director of the Strategic Planning Office/Office of Prime Minister, the Planning and Monitoring Consultant will work in close coordination with the SPO Director and Lead Expert and Team leader/Key Expert within the SPO/OPM.
Key expected outputs include:
- Compilation of a library with indicators, extracted from the MICS survey, currently used in the NDS, sectoral strategies, Economic Reform Programme (ERP) and others as relevant to inform the design of the NDS and development of a performance measurement system for the NDS 2030;
- Support the SPO with compilation of child rights related situation analysis, assessment, strategies and relevant policies to inform mainstreaming of child rights within the NDS 2030, including with the development of a Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats (SWOT) analysis;
- Provide overall co-ordination of methodological issues, references and horizontal linkages of key pillars and strategic objectives to ensure child rights issues are adequately integrated and through facilitating the co-ordination of work of the expert team for the NDS 2030 and quality assurance (methodological guidance and editing/integration of partial inputs into coherent deliverables);
- Support the SPO/OPM on the work of the Thematic Working Groups for the NDS 2030 and public consultation process;
- Support the SPO/OPM with mainstreaming of child rights issues within the proposals for the set of objectives for each sector including the relevant performance indicators, baselines and targets.
- Support the SPO/OPM with documentation of the NDS 2030 process and materials to facilitate smooth implementation and monitoring.
Work Assignment Overview
Compile the list of performance indicators from MICS, currently used in the NDS, sectoral strategies, ERP and others as relevant;
Excel file with performance indicators finalized
January – February 2021
Compile the bibliography of documents to inform mainstreaming of child rights issues within the NDS (situation analysis, assessment, strategies and relevant policies);
The library with all relevant documents finalized
January – February 2021
Support the development of a SWOT analysis based on the compiled information
SWOT analysis table finalized
Provide overall co-ordination of methodological issues, references and horizontal linkages of key pillars and strategic objectives to ensure child rights issues are adequately integrated
Child rights and other crosscutting priorities are clearly reflected horizontally
January – June 2021
Support the SPO/OPM with the consolidation of inputs of Thematic Working Groups for the NDS 2030, preparation materials and process for public consultation process;
Thematic Working Groups inputs consolidated, and public consultation process finalized
February – May 2021
Support the SPO/OPM with mainstreaming of child rights issues in the proposals for the set of objectives for each sector including the relevant performance indicators, baselines and targets;
Proposal for the sectoral objectives finalized
February – June – 2021
Support the SPO/OPM with documentation of the NDS 2030 process and materials to facilitate smooth implementation and monitoring.
Materials and process of NDS 2030 documented
June – 2021
Minimum Qualifications required:
Education, Qualifications and skills:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Social Science or Public Administration or other relevant field;
- A proven minimum of 3, but preferably 5 years of professional experience of policy development / implementation in Kosovo;
- Excellent computer skills and experience in drafting of analytical reports, ability to summarize and synthesize data, evidence and arguments;
- Work experience in or with the institutions at central level in strategic planning and/or design or implementation of national/sectoral development policy would be considered an asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications in English;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural environment and to establish harmonious and effective relationships both within and outside the organisation
Advertised: 14 Jan 2021 Central Europe Standard Time
Deadline: 21 Jan 2021 Central Europe Standard Time