TERMS OF REFERENCES
- Program Title: Integrated Water Resources Management in Kosovo (IWRM-K)
- Post Title: Office Manager and Language Assistant (full-time)
- Duty Station: Skat, Program Facilitation Unit (PFU), Pristina, Republic of Kosovo
- Duration of contract: 1-year initial contract with possibility of extension for up to 3,5 years
- Indicative start date: 01 November 2020
BACKGROUND / CONTEXT
Following a one-year preparatory process (inception phase), on May 1st, 2020 Skat Consulting Ltd. (Switzerland) in consortium with the Environment Agency Austria has launched the implementation Phase 1 of the Integrated Water Resources Management in Kosovo Program (IWRM-K) funded by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC). Approximately EUR 8 million are allocated by the SDC for a period of four years to support the following key objectives of the Program:
(1) Formulation of river basin management plans for three river basins along a unified national methodology followed by piloting of prioritized sets of measures;
(2) Improvement of legislation, institutional setup, and organizational capacity for better water resources management (including the country-wide monitoring system); and
(3) Democratization of water resources management through environmental awareness-raising and enhanced stakeholder participation.
The Program aims to build long-lasting water resources management capacities in line with Kosovo’s socio-economic and political priorities, as well as the needs of future sustainable development. It works toward fundamentally improving the capacity and strengthen the role of the (newly created) Ministry of Economy and Environment, and especially the River Basin District Authority as an institution with a central role over river basin management planning and development. This is carried out in parallel to efforts to clarify roles and strengthen functional relationships with a wide range of institutional and non-institutional stakeholders charged with responsibilities over the main components of the country’s IWRM System (Planning, Monitoring, Implementation, Permitting and Inspection, Communications and Stakeholder Participation, and Data Exchange and Management).
To be able to facilitate the implementation of such a Program, Skat Consulting Ltd. intends to hire an Office Manager and Language Assistant who will join the Pristina-based Program Facilitation Unit (PFU) currently comprising a Team Leader, four Senior Advisers in charge of different aspects of water resources management and institutional development, and a Finance and Administration Manager. Additional junior experts will join the PFU at the later stages of the Program.
The Office Manager and Language Assistant will be responsible for the administrative and organizational management of the office. The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks, will be exceedingly well organized and flexible, and will enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting a small office of diverse people and programs. This individual must be able to function effectively in a variety of roles within a dynamic environment under minimum supervision.
These TOR describe the scope of work, and the key duties and responsibilities of the full-time Office Manager and Language Assistant.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the direct supervision of the Team Leader of the IWRM-K Program, and the overall guidance by the Program Manager and Program Director, the Office Manager and Language Assistance will be responsible for the following key tasks:
1.Provide specific support to PFU Management to include:
- Contributing to the preparation and implementation of Program plans and progress reports, by drafting specific parts (e.g., on administrative aspects);
- Deputizing for the Finance and Administration Manager;
- Supporting the management of contracts with companies and individuals; organizing a system for tracking contract implementation and ensure that Program management is timely alerted on the key milestones (e.g., submission and payment deadlines), and possible deviations of the original contract schedules;
- Ensuring an effective filing system that allows for tracking of Program implementation.
2. Provide general administrative support to the PFU team to include:
- Arranging meetings and conference calls (including coordinating all meeting logistics, developing agendas and meeting materials, etc.);
- Receiving and interacting with Program stakeholders/visitors; o Recording, transcribing, and distributing notes/minutes of meetings;
- Interpreting in meetings and translating documents (English to Albanian and vice versa); o Co-ordinating Program-related travel;
- Providing other daily support to staff as needed.
3. Perform general office/facilities management duties to include:
- Managing the inventory of office supplies, ordering additional supplies as needed, and ensuring that costs are appropriately managed;
- Planning space allocations, layouts, and floor moves as required; arranging for and supervising building maintenance; and
- Maintaining office facilities and equipment by assisting with procurement and routine maintenance and upkeep.
- Minimum university degree (preferably on languages, administration, economics or related);
- At least 10 years of progressively responsible relevant experience (administrative, translation/interpretation), preferably for international organizations and/or similar projects;
- Proficiency in spoken and written in Albanian and English;
- Excellent verbal and written communications, networking, and organizational skills;
- Proficiency in office software/computer use;
- Experience with budget management for projects/programs of international organizations.
Interested candidates need to submit their application to email@example.com by 28 September 2020. The application needs to comprise the following documents/information:
- Cover letter (summarizing qualifications and relevance for the position based on previous experience)
- Most updated professional CV;
- Contacts of at least three persons for reference checking purposes;
Skat Consulting Ltd. is committed to achieving diversity within the Pristina-based PFU, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in confidence.
NOTE: Delayed and incomplete applications will not be accepted.