- Issued by: OSCE Mission in Kosovo
- Requisition ID: COM00001U
- Contract Type: Local Contracted
- Grade: G4
- Job Level: General Services
- Job Type: Contracted
- Number of posts: one
- Location: OSCE Mission in Kosovo, Vushtrri / Vucitrn
- Posting Date: May 23, 2022
- Closing Date: Jun 12, 2022
- Employee Status: Fixed Term
- Schedule: Full-time
- Education Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
- Job Field: Secretarial Services
- Target Start Date: 15 July 2022
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Section, the incumbent provides generic secretarial and clerical services.
- Assists the supervisor/s in his/her daily duties;
- Attends meetings, seminars, and conferences, taking minutes as tasked; Searches for the information and background documentation required by the supervisor/s, as requested;
- Drafts reports and correspondence in English on the basis of instruction received from supervisor/s and/or on the basis of the knowledge of the work; prepares summaries of relevant meetings, documents;
- Establishes contacts with different parties; maintains and updates the database of contacts;
- Collects, reviews and sorts incoming mail, providing background files and information; dispatches outgoing mail, sends messages via Fax and electronic mail facilities;
- Responsible for organizing the office files including; specifying the list of files in order to make them available to people; checking and updating the files; maintaining and updating files of reports, cases, and other confidential issues, correspondence and other relevant material; classifying and coding material being filed;
- Schedules appointments for the supervisor/s;
- Arranges and co-ordinates meetings; notifying participants of time, date and subject matter;
- Organizes seminars including the preparatory work;
- Ensures the availability of office supplies (stationary, computer material); arranges for the procurement of material needed; if needed, arranges his/her transport in co-ordination with the Transport Office.
- Interprets (consecutively or simultaneously) for the supervisor/s from English into Albanian/Serbian and vice versa;
- Translates text and documents of various kinds (legal text, including laws, decrees, administrative decisions; incoming and outgoing official and informal communications) that are relevant to the work of the supervisor/s;
- Accompanies the supervisor/s to provide interpretation services during meetings, conferences, seminars, round-table meetings, etc.,
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Completed secondary education, supplemented by formal secretarial training
- Minimum of three (3) years relevant work experience in secretarial and translation and interpretation, preferably with an international organization;
- Proven administrative and co-ordination skills;
- Computer literate with practical experience with Microsoft applications
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and in local languages.
- Working language of any of the OSCE languages is desirable
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
- Ability and willingness to work as a member of a team, with people of different cultural, and religious backgrounds, different gender, and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity;
- Computer literate with practical experience using Microsoft applications.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 934.58 Euro/month. Social benefits will include participation in the OSCE Group Insurance Plan (Health, Life, Accidental Disability and Temporary Incapacity Insurance) and the OSCE Provident Fund. Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
In order to apply for this position, you must complete the OSCE's online application form, found under https://vacancies.osce.org/. Applicants are encouraged to use the online recruitment and only fully completed OSCE applications will be accepted. However, if you have technical difficulties with the system you may use the offline application form found under https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/our-competency-model and forward the completed form quoting the vacancy number by e-mail to: Recruitment.OMiK@osce.org In line with your qualifications please indicate a preference to one or more field of expertise listed above (while using the online application the field of expertise preference can be indicated in the cover letter part). Kindly note that applications received after the deadline submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form or in other languages than the English language would not be considered.The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise/re-post the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only those candidates who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.
Please note that vacancies in the OSCE are open for competition only amongst nationals of participating States, please see https://www.osce.org/participating-states.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Candidates should be aware that OSCE officials shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding any action which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality of their position and function as officials of the OSCE. The OSCE is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. For more information on the values set out in OSCE Competency Model, please see .
Please note that for this position the OSCE does not reimburse expenses such as travel in connection with interviews, tests, visas and relocation.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.