ISSUED BY OSCE Mission in Kosovo
VACANCY NUMBER VNKOSG02309
VACANCY TYPE Local Contracted
NUMBER OF POSTS 1
DUTY STATION Mitrovice/Mitrovica
DATE OF ISSUE 22 January 2021
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION 12 February 2021 - 23:59 Central European Time (CET/CEST)
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The Office Assistant will work within the Human Rights and Communities Department, Field Support Section. Under the direct supervision of the Senior Democratization Officer and the overall supervision of the Director of the Regional Centre, the incumbent will be responsible for assisting governance project teams with programmatic, administrative and secretarial tasks. The Office Assistant will be tasked with:
- Administrative duties Providing assistance in relation to administrative procedures related to specific project activities and other programmatic assignments; Assisting and supporting the project teams by executing logistical and financial arrangements for projects, workshops, conferences, training and other programmatic assignments; Arranging transport for team members or participants of team activities as requested;
- Secretarial duties Preparing conference material (e.g. invitations, hand-outs, name tags, presentations and sign-in sheet, etc.) as required for meetings, workshops, conferences, training, etc. Maintaining and updating contact lists, files, reports, correspondence and other material relevant to the work of the team; Maintaining an active filing system to support day-to-day projects administrative activities; assisting in preparing final reports and follow-up documentation for implemented projects; - Handling incoming and outgoing administrative correspondence and taking minutes of Section meetings;
- Project related administrative duties Assisting the Field Support Section and the Governance Section with the implementation of specific projects and other programmatic assignments; In cooperation with the staff of the Department of Administration and Support, assisting the Field Support Section and the Governance Section in preparing proper project management documentation for procedures relating to Finance, Personnel, Supply, Procurement, and consulting the OSCE Mission in Kosovo Office of Legal Affairs when needed, in support of department project implementation; Preparing and maintaining Section’s project tracking data;
- Translation/Interpretation Translating and/or interpreting from/into English/Serbian;
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Completed secondary education supplemented by formal studies in secretarial, office organization or languages.
- At least three years of work experience in an office or in project management activities.
- Some experience in translation and interpretation.
- Computer literate with practical experience with Microsoft applications
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and in local languages
- Ability to work with people of different nationalities, religions and cultural backgrounds
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 922.00 Euro/month. Social benefits will include participation in the OSCE Group Insurance Plan (Health, Life, Accidental Disability and Temporary Incapacity Insurance) and the OSCE Provident Fund. Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
In order to apply for this position you must complete the OSCE's online application form, found under https://jobs.osce.org
Applicants are encouraged to use the online recruitment and only fully completed OSCE applications will be accepted. However, if you have technical difficulties with the system you may use the offline application form found under https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/offline-application-form and forward the completed form quoting the vacancy number by e-mail to: Recruitment.OMiK@osce.org In line with your qualifications please indicate preference to one or more field of expertise listed above (while using the online application the field of expertise preference can be indicated in the cover letter part).
Kindly note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form or in other languages than the English language would not be considered.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.