Requisition ID: COM00000C
Contract Type: Fixed-Term
Location: OSCE Mission in Kosovo, Prishtine / Pristina
Posting Date: Aug 6, 2021
External Closing Date: Aug 31, 2021
Target Start Date: Oct 17, 2021
Job Type: Contracted
Job Level: General Services
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Education Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The Office Assistant will work within the Communities Section of the HQ Human Rights and Communities Department. Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Communities Section, the incumbent will be responsible for assisting the Section with the implementation of project, administrative and logistical tasks. The incumbent will be responsible for assisting the implementation of financial, logistical, supply and administrative project tasks.
- In co-operation with the Department Budget Administration Office, prepares proper documentation for procedures relating to Finance, Personnel, Supply, Procurement and the OMiK Legal Office in support of Department project implementation and other activities;
- Preparing and maintaining Section’s project tracking data;
- Translating and/or Interpreting from/into English/Albanian/Serbian as required;
- Drafting correspondence in English on the basis of instruction received and/or on the basis of own knowledge of the work
- Maintaining an active filing system to support day-to-day project administrative activities;
- Assisting Section project managers in preparing final reports and follow–up documentation for implemented projects;
- Maintaining and updating contact lists, files, reports, correspondence and other material relevant to the work of the team;
- Handling incoming and outgoing administrative correspondence;
- Assisting and supporting the Section to implement logistical, and organizational tasks, such as organization of workshops, conferences, and trainings;
- Preparing handouts and presentations as requested for Section/Division meetings, workshops, conferences, training, etc;
- Arranging transport for team members or participants of team activities as requested;
- Performs other duties as required.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Mission in Kosovo, please see: http://www.osce.org/mission-in-kosovo
- Completed secondary education.
- Minimum 3 year of secretarial/clerical work; preferably with international organization. Administrative skills, including support of project management experience.
- Computer literate with practical experience with Microsoft packages.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and in local languages.
- Gender sensitive and ability to work with people of different nationalities, religions and cultural backgrounds;
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 922.00 Euro/month. Social benefits will include participation in the OSCE group medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund. Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/vacancies.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise/re-post the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only those candidates who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Candidates should be aware that OSCE officials shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding any action which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality of their position and function as officials of the OSCE. The OSCE is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. For more information on the values set out in OSCE Competency Model, please see https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/our-competency-model.
Please note that for this position the OSCE does not reimburse expenses such as travel in connection with interviews, tests, visas and relocation.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.