ISSUED BY OSCE Mission in Kosovo
VACANCY NUMBER VNKOSG02304
VACANCY TYPE Local Contracted
FIELD OF EXPERTISE Human Rights
NUMBER OF POSTS 1
DUTY STATION Mitrovicë / Mitrovica
DATE OF ISSUE 18 December 2020
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION 10 January 2021 - 23:59 Central European Time (CET/CEST)
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the overall supervision of the National Programme Officer, Property, in the Regional Centre, and under the guidance, coordination and cooperation of the Chief of the Property, Cultural Heritage, and Interfaith Dialogue Section (PCIS) at the OSCE Mission in Kosovo, the incumbent provides clerical and secretarial services including translation/interpretation and limited assistance and support on matters in the Regional Centre falling under the programmatic responsibility of the Department of Human Rights and Communities and, in particular, of the PCIS. The Office Assistant:
- Assists the supervisor(s) in her/his daily duties;
- Collects, reviews and sorts incoming mail, providing background files and information; dispatches outgoing mail, sends messages via facsimile and electronic mail facilities;
- Is responsible for organizing the office files including: specifying the list of files in order to make them available to people; checking and updating the files; maintaining and updating files of reports, cases, other confidential related issues, correspondence and other relevant material; classifying and coding material being filed;
- Schedules appointments for the supervisor(s);
- Arranges and co-ordinates meetings, notifying participants of time, date and subject matter;
- Organizes seminars including the preparatory work;
- Ensures the availability of office supplies (stationery, computer material); arranges for the procurement of material needed; if needed, arranges her/his transport in coordination with the Transport Office;
- When required, attends meetings and drafts minutes;
- Researches for the information and background documentation required by the supervisor(s) as requested;
- Drafts reports and correspondence in English on the basis of instruction received from supervisor(s) and/or on the basis of the knowledge of the work; prepares summaries of relevant meetings, documents;
- Interprets (consecutively and simultaneously) for the supervisor(s) from English into Albanian and/or Serbian and vice versa;
- Translates texts and documents of various kinds (legal texts including laws, decrees, administrative decisions; incoming and outgoing both official and informal communications) that are relevant to the work of the supervisor(s);
- Accompanies the supervisor(s) to provide interpretation services during meetings, conferences, seminars, round table meetings, etc., prepares minutes and reports on those events, as requested;
- Contributes to assist the National Programme Officer Property and the Chief of Property, Cultural Heritage and Inter-Faith Dialogue or, as delegate, the Senior Programme Assistant of the PCIS, in planning, designing and monitoring activities related to Property, Cultural Heritage and Inter-faith Dialogue Section or in any other matter as requested by the supervisor;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Completed secondary education, supplemented by formal training in secretarial duties and/or languages and, preferably, trainings on relevant property rights, cultural heritage, inter-faith dialogue terminology and concepts or equivalent or related to them
- Minimum three years of relevant work experience with some experience in translation and interpretation, preferably with international organization
- Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft packages
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and in at least Albanian or Serbian languages. It will be an asset to know any other local language.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 922.00 Euro/month. Social benefits will include participation in the OSCE Group Insurance Plan (Health, Life, Accidental Disability and Temporary Incapacity Insurance) and the OSCE Provident Fund. Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
In order to apply for this position you must complete the OSCE's online application form, found under https://jobs.osce.org. Applicants are encouraged to use the online recruitment and only fully completed OSCE applications will be accepted. However, if you have technical difficulties with the system you may use the offline application form found under https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/offline-application-form and forward the completed form quoting the vacancy number by e-mail to: Recruitment.OMiK@osce.org. In line with your qualifications please indicate preference to one or more field of expertise listed above (while using the online application the field of expertise preference can be indicated in the cover letter part). Kindly note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form or in other languages than the English language would not be considered. The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.