- Issued by: OSCE Mission in Kosovo
- Requisition ID: PUB00000D
- Contract Type: Local Contracted
- Grade: NP1
- Job Level: Professional
- Job Type: Contracted
- Number of posts: One
- Location: OSCE Mission in Kosovo, Prishtine / Pristina
- Posting Date: Apr 1, 2022
- Closing Date: Apr 29, 2022
- Employee Status: Fixed Term
- Schedule: Full-time
- Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (First-level university degree or equivalent)
- Job Field: Elections
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Public Participation Section in the Democratization Department, the incumbent performs project, advisory, research and capacity building functions in support of the Department’s work in the field of-representative participation, notably by women and youth through formal and informal structures, the incumbent will be performing the following duties:
- Developing and implementing projects in the field of representative participation, and ensuring that the project activities are successfully implemented in accordance with project objectives throughout the project cycle, including meeting interlocutors, designing and implementing action plans, budgets, implementation plans and prepares final reports and evaluations;
- Establishing and maintaining regular contacts with women and youth interest groups and structures, youth and women caucuses at the local and government level and other relevant interlocutors involved in the field of participation in public and political life, including local and international organizations involved in this field;
- Drafting reports on the Mission’s monitoring and supporting political and public participation overall;
- Researching and compiling background material on representative participation and assisting in the organization of meetings (including identification of participants and provision of logistical support) when and where relevant, with civil society organizations, non-majority communities, electoral bodies and members of international organizations to discuss policy and practical issues related to political and public participation and elections;
- Advising the Chief of Section on ongoing developments related to political and public participation overall and women and youth in particular as well as non-majority communities; and drafts memos, emails, inputs for communications;
- Performing other duties as required.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Mission in Kosovo, please see: http://www.osce.org/mission-in-kosovo
- University degree in law, development, International Cooperation, social or political science.
- Minimum two years of professional experience with international, inter-governmental or civil society organizations in the field of elections.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and local languages.
- Experience designing and implementing election projects.
- Computer literate with practical experience with Microsoft applications.
- Holding a valid driving license
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 1,609.42 Euro/month. Social benefits will include participation in the OSCE Group Insurance Plan (Health, Life, Accidental Disability and Temporary Incapacity Insurance) and the OSCE Provident Fund. Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/vacancies
Applicants are encouraged to use the online recruitment and only fully completed OSCE applications will be accepted. However, if you have technical difficulties with the system you may use the offline application form found under https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/offline-application-form and forward the completed form quoting the vacancy number by e-mail to: Recruitment.OMiK@osce.org. Kindly note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form or in languages other than the English language would not be considered.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise/re-post the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only those candidates who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Candidates should be aware that OSCE officials shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding any action which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality of their position and function as officials of the OSCE. The OSCE is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. For more information on the values set out in OSCE Competency Model, please see https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/our-competency-model.
Please note that for this position the OSCE does not reimburse expenses such as travel in connection with interviews, tests, visas and relocation.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.