The Swiss Embassy in Kosovo is seeking two highly motivated and skilled professionals to join the team of its Swiss Cooperation Office (SCO) on the position of a National programme officers (NPO).
The SCO is responsible for efficiently developing and monitor project activities within the Swiss Cooperation Strategy in Kosovo. We are looking for two highly qualified persons to increase the present team of four NPOs. The new NPOs will work together with colleagues in the domains Economy & Employment, Water & Climate Change Resilience and Democratic Governance.
The persons we are looking for are two experienced development practitioners with very strong analytical capacities and experienced in project cycle management including finance/administrative procedures. The persons need to be familiar with the political, economic, social and environmental situation and actors in Kosovo. We are looking for NPOs, which have previously worked on topics of economy and employment, water & climate change, democratic governance and migration. While one person will not have the same depth of experience in all the four topics mentioned, we encourage you to highlight in your application, what areas of expertise you are bringing to the team.
Main roles and responsibilities
- Identification, elaboration, operational and financial monitoring, results-based steering and evaluation of programmes/projects in the aforementioned domains
- Coordination of project-related activities with public institutions, private actors and other donors/development partners in Kosovo
- Contribution to the Embassy’s policy dialogue on issues related to the domains
- Contribute to the elaboration of strategic documents, context analyses as well as to the overall annual planning, review and reporting of the SCO.
- Mainstreaming of transversal issues such as good governance, gender and social inclusion into the programmes.
- University degree (master) in either) a field related to economy & employment and/or water & climate change resilience, preferably in the area of economics and/or social science; or) in fields related to governance, rule of law, public administration and/or public policy.
- At least 10 years working experience after graduation in development cooperation with a state institution, a donor organisation, an NGO or a private sector organization.
- Excellent knowledge of the political, economic and environmental situation in Kosovo
- Working experience in the fields of labour market development, youth employment, macroeconomics, water & climate change resilience, governance and social inclusion and/or migration.
- Strong project cycle management skills including finance and administrative procedures
- Excellent Knowledge of the official languages of Kosovo
- Excellent English knowledge in written and spoken
- Kosovo citizen.
The SCO encourages men and members of ethnic minorities to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications containing a Cover Letter and the CV (in English) online at: firstname.lastname@example.org with reference “NPO Position 2020”, until 2nd of September, 5pm.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.