ISSUED BY OSCE Mission in Kosovo
VACANCY NUMBER VNKOSN02270
VACANCY TYPE Local Contracted
FIELD OF EXPERTISE Human Rights
NUMBER OF POSTS 1
DUTY STATION Mitrovice / Mitrovica
DATE OF ISSUE 29 July 2020
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION 26 August 2020 - 23:59 Central European Time (CET/CEST)
Tasks and Responsibilities:
In the context of the implementation of the mandate of the OSCE Mission in Kosovo, the incumbent works in a Regional Centre (RC) to support the effective enjoyment of property, and housing rights, freedom of religion, and promotion and protection of cultural and religious heritage within the area of responsibility of the Regional Centre. Under the supervision of the Director of the Regional Centre and in compliance with the guidelines and instructions provided by the Chief of the Property, Cultural Heritage and Inter-Faith Section (PCIS) and by the Department of Human Rights and Communities, the incumbent performs the following functions:
- Managing, organizing and supervising the work and the outputs of the team in the respective RC whenever property, cultural heritage and dialogue related matters are the subject of the activities;
- Monitoring and reporting on the protection of property rights, right to adequate housing, protection of cultural and religious heritage, and other issues falling under the PCIS portfolio in the municipalities within the Area of Responsibility of a RC of the OSCE Mission in Kosovo;
- Providing advice on international standards, best practices and rule of law issues on property and housing rights, and protection of cultural and religious heritage;
- Assisting in the implementation of policies, projects and activities at RC level, as determined by the Property, Cultural Heritage and Inter-Faith Section in Headquarters in the areas of property, housing rights, protection of cultural and religious heritage, freedom of religion and inter faith related issues;
- Translation of documents relevant to property, housing, rights, cultural heritage protection and religious issues into English, Albanian and Serbian;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- First level University Degree in law, political sciences, international relations, public policy, social sciences, international human rights law or any other related field. Specialized knowledge of international human rights law and domestic applicable law is essential.
- Minimum four years of relevant experience in human rights protection and promotion, preferably with OSCE or other international organization.
- Demonstrable organizational, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in drafting reports.
- PC literate, with practical experience with Microsoft applications.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English, and local languages.
- Holding a valid driving license.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 1810.33 Euro/month. Social benefits will include participation in the OSCE Group Insurance Plan (Health, Life, Accidental Disability and Temporary Incapacity Insurance) and the OSCE Provident Fund. Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
In order to apply for this position you must complete the OSCE's online application form, found under https://jobs.osce.org.