- Issued by: OSCE Mission in Kosovo
- Requisition ID: GOV00001I
- Contract Type: Local Contracted
- Grade: NP1
- Job Level: National Professional
- Job Type: Contracted
- Number of posts: 1
- Location: OSCE Mission in Kosovo, Prishtine / Pristina
- Posting Date: May 10, 2022
- Closing Date: Jun 7, 2022
- Employee Status: Fixed Term
- Schedule: Full-time
- Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (First-level university degree or equivalent)
- Job Field: Democratization
- Target Start Date: 01 Aug, 2022
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Section, the incumbent performs the following functions in the Department’s work with Assembly committees, ministries and Independent Institutions:
- Developing and implementing projects within the Section/Central Governance portfolio, taking overall responsibility for those projects assigned to him/her by the Chief of Section and ensures that the projects are succesfully implemented in accordance with project objectives throughout the project cycle, including meeting interlocutors, designing action plans, budgets, implementation plans and final report and evaluation;
- Providing expert advice to further capacity building of Assembly and its Committees, including the strenghtening of parliamentary oversight of the government, and government institutions;
- Establishing and maintaining regular contacts with committee members and its support staff, Assembly Presidency, Parliamentary group leaders, other relevant committee chairpersons, Assembly members, advisors to the President of the Assembly, Secretary of the Assembly and other relevant Secretariat staff; also establishes and maintains contacts with other parties involved with the Assembly, both local and international organizations. Supports the Assembly’s interaction with interlocutors working in the field of parliamentary development, by advising on legal, political, financial, programmatic and organizational matters;
- Reporting and drafting recommendations to the OSCE Mission on its policy towards the Assembly and government institutions, with specific focus on mechanisms to strenghten parliamentary oversight by Assembly Committees of the government;
- Assisting the Chief of Section in identification of capacity-building needs, developping and implementing projects to improve compliance with principles of good governance (accountability, transparency and responsiveness) and proposes activities related to the functioning of committees in line with the Section/Central Governance portfolio’s annual planning;
- Performing research and compiling background material on major departmental topics or issues under discussion in the Assembly and assists in the organization of meetings (identifies participants and provides logistic support) involving Assembly members, Assembly staff and members of government institutions, international organizations to discuss policy and practical issues pertaining to the work of the Assembly of Kosovo and government institutions; writes summaries and reports on the topics discussed;
- Advising the Chief of Section on ongoing political developments in the Assembly and government; and drafts memos, emails, submissions for weekly reports related to these political developments;
- Performing other duties as required.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Mission in Kosovo, please see: http://www.osce.org/mission-in-kosovo
- University Degree in Law, International Cooperation or political science.
- Minimum two years of professional experience with central governance set up with experience with a national legislature, independent institution or inter-governmental organization;
- Established skills in drafting, designing and implementing parliamentary/ governance support projects;
- Computer literate with practical experience with Microsoft applications.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and local languages.
- Holding a valid driving license.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 1,609.42 Euro/month. Social benefits will include participation in the OSCE Group Insurance Plan (Health, Life, Accidental Disability and Temporary Incapacity Insurance) and the OSCE Provident Fund. Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/vacancies
Applicants are encouraged to use the online recruitment and only fully completed OSCE applications will be accepted. However, if you have technical difficulties with the system you may use the offline application form found under https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/offline-application-form and forward the completed form quoting the vacancy number by e-mail to: Recruitment.OMiK@osce.org. Kindly note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form or in languages other than the English language would not be considered.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise/re-post the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only those candidates who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Candidates should be aware that OSCE officials shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding any action which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality of their position and function as officials of the OSCE. The OSCE is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. For more information on the values set out in OSCE Competency Model, please see https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/our-competency-model.
Please note that for this position the OSCE does not reimburse expenses such as travel in connection with interviews, tests, visas and relocation.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.