The embassy of Sweden in Kosovo has opened the application for the position as National Programme Manager: EU-delegation - "EU 4 Better Municipal Governance". Deadline for application is 26 November 2021.
National Programme Manager: EU delegation – “EU 4 better municipal governance”
The Embassy of Sweden in Pristina engages in political dialogue and monitoring and reports on political and economic affairs to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Stockholm. The embassy also manages Sweden’s reform cooperation with the republic of Kosovo. The embassy is fully delegated, which means that it decides on and monitors all bilateral support financed by Sida in Kosovo.
The reform cooperation between Sweden and Kosovo is governed by the Swedish government’s “Results strategy for reform cooperation with the Western Balkans and Turkey for the period 2021-2027”. The overarching goal is to contribute to Kosovo moving closer towards the EU and to improve living standards and reduce poverty.
This recruitment, and the program at hand is a four-year comprehensive programme in the area of good governance. The municipal support incentivises the 38 municipalities of the Republic of Kosovo in achieving more democratic local governance and better municipal management. It also supports the Government of Kosovo in developing policies, which are more conducive to rule-based financing of municipalities.
The position is full-time, and the chosen candidate is expected to start working by January/February 2022.
- Take lead in the policy dialogue on local government administration and public administration and the democratic processes in Kosovo. The responsible program coordinator is expected to follow the policy and the political developments in local governance and public administration.
- On behalf of the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida), through the Embassy of Sweden, manage, coordinate and monitor the four-year joint Sida and EU contribution; Decentralisation and Municipal Support – Phase III based on the Sida perspectives.
- The programme manager will together with the Head of Development represent the Program vis-à-vis the government of Kosovo, donors and other local and international institutions and organisations.
- Strategically steer and coordinate the project in line with the values and principles of democracy and Sida perspectives.
- Support the development of the methodology of the program.
- Document and follow up results and impact of the program.
- Monitor and assess project risks and take strategic decisions.
- Manage and coordinate the project activities from substantive, administrative and financial point of view, in line with the contractual agreements and program documents and Sida rules and regulations for contribution management.
- Coordinate, oversee and prepare all reporting of the programme to the EU office in Kosovo.
- Serve as focal point for local governance at the embassy of Sweden
- Manage contributions in line with Sida’s contribution management process, and relevant rules and regulations.
- Establish effective coordination, monitoring, reporting systems and ensure components progress at a coordinated pace that synergies between components are established.
- Report to the Head of Development and keep him/her up to date on progress of the implementation of the program.
- Communicate progress of the program on social media.
- Contribute to the Embassy’s analysis and reporting beyond the development cooperation.
- Contribute to Sida’s strategic annual planning, monitoring and reporting.
- Advanced university degree (Master's degree or equivalent degree) in political science, economics, public administration or other social science or related field is required.
- A project/programme management and human rights certification would be added advantages.
- At least ten years of documented relevant experience.
- Good knowledge and experience with local government and decentralisation in Kosovo. At least five years of documented experience.
- Strong communication, analytical and presentation skills, and ability to network, build and maintain professional relations.
- Good administration, organisation, and interpersonal skills
- Good speaking, writing, and editing skills in English, Albanian and Serbian language (both orally and written).
- Experience with drafting reports and assessment of reports.
- Demonstrated professional competence and experience working with governmental and non/governmental organizations.
- At least 7 years of progressively responsible experience at the national or international level in design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development projects.
- Experience from working with gender mainstreaming with focus on actively engaging men and boys is an advantage.
- Experience of participation in programme development and understanding of result-based framework.
- Experience from coordinating and liaising with government agencies and/or donors is an asset.
- Previous experience of working with donor agency or Demos project or MLGA is an asset.
- Previous experience from coordinating EU projects is an asset.
- Experience from work on municipal level is an asset.
Speak and write clearly and effectively in English and Albanian and other local languages. Knowledge in Serbian is an asset.
Send your motivation letter and cv to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 26 of November 2021.
The Swedish Embassy welcomes candidates from non-majority communities to apply.