The embassy of Sweden in Kosovo has opened the application for the position as National Programme Manager: EU delegation – “Strengthening Statistical System of Kosovo” (10 months, with possible extension) . Deadline for application is 15 June 2022.
National Programme Manager: EU delegation – “Strengthening Statistical System of Kosovo” (10 months, with possible extension)
Do you want to be part of the development of strengthening the institutional capacity and use of statistics in Kosovo? The Embassy of Sweden is looking for a National Programme Manager that will follow up and coordinate the Swedish support to Kosovo Agency of Statistics, KAS, together with EU.
The programme contributes to strengthening of the statistical system of Kosovo and the use of statistics, within the area of good governance. It is a joint effort with EU-delegated funds, and aims at enabling the development of reliable statistical information and facilitating improved decision making. The action specifically aims at increasing the capacities of KAS to carry out its core activities in a standardized and independent manner – in line with EU standards – as well as to strengthen KAS’s management and coordination capacities.
The programme “Strengthening Statistical System of Kosovo” has been going on since May 2019 and is expected to finish in May 2023, with possibility of extension.
The Embassy of Sweden in Pristina engages in political dialogue and monitoring and reports on political and economic affairs to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Stockholm. The Embassy also manages Sweden’s reform cooperation with the Republic of Kosovo. The Embassy is fully delegated, which means that it decides on and monitors all bilateral support financed by Sida in Kosovo.
The Programme Manager will work at the section for reform cooperation between Sweden and Kosovo and the cooperation is governed by the Swedish government’s “Results strategy for reform cooperation with the Western Balkans and Turkey for the period 2021–2027”.
The position is full-time, and the chosen candidate is expected to start working by August 2022. The contract will end in May 2023, but an extension is possible when and if the implementation will be extended in time.
Sub-objectives of the programme:
- Improving the timeliness and shortening the timing of the release of all statistics in order to improve the Kosovo Government’s decision-making process;
- Improving inter-institutional coordination and information sharing among the main stakeholders in the statistical sector;
- Improving data dissemination by enhancing data availability and visibility for public users.
- Supporting KAS in carrying out its core activities and mandate in a standardized and independent manner.
- Take lead in the policy dialogue on good governance and is expected to follow the policy and the political developments in statistics.
- On behalf of the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida), through the Embassy of Sweden, manage, coordinate and monitor the joint Sida and EU contribution.
- Strategically steer and coordinate the project in line with the values and principles of good governance, democracy and rule of law.
- Manage and coordinate the project activities from substantive, administrative and financial point of view, in line with the contractual agreements and programme documents and Sida rules and regulations for contribution management.
- Coordinate, oversee and prepare all reporting of the programme to the EU office in Kosovo.
- The programme manager will together with the Head of Development represent the Programme vis-à-vis the government of Kosovo, donors and other local and international institutions and organisations.
- Support the development of the methodology of the programme.
- Monitor and assess project risks and take strategic decisions.
- Document and follow up results and impact of the programme.
- Manage contributions in line with Sida’s contribution management process, and relevant rules and regulations.
- Establish effective coordination, monitoring, reporting systems and ensure components progress at a coordinated pace that synergies between components are established.
- Communicate progress of the programme on social media.
- Contribute to the Embassy’s analysis and reporting beyond the development cooperation.
- Contribute to Sida’s strategic annual planning, monitoring and reporting.
- Report to the Head of Development and keep him/her up to date on progress of the implementation of the programme.
- Lead the programme implementation unit.
- Advanced university degree (Master's degree or equivalent degree) in statistics, sociology, economics, other social science, or related field.
- Project and/or programme management (7 years minimum).
- Experience of multi-stakeholder coordination.
- Capacity within administration, communication, and reporting.
- Working experience in international development issues (7 years minimum).
- Experience with drafting reports narrative and financial (7 years minimum).
- Experience working with governmental and non-governmental organizations in Kosovo and/or Sweden (7 years minimum).
- Fluent in English and Albanian and/or other local languages.
- Strong communication, analytical and presentation skills, and ability to network, build and maintain professional relations.
- Good administration, organisation, and interpersonal skills.
- Solid knowledge about statistical system in Kosovo.
- Previous experience working with EU projects.
- Solid knowledge of sustainable capacity development, the human rights-based approach, and gender equality/gender mainstreaming.
- Strong team player, in line with Swedish values and work practices.
- EU and Sida’s respective organisational structures, rules, and regulations as well as administrative systems.
- Experience of financial management and reporting as well as audit processes.
- In-depth knowledge about the statistical system in Kosovo.
- Certifications in project management.
- Knowledge of Serbian language is an asset.
How to apply
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV in English. Applications should be sent in the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 15 June 2022 close of business.